Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

pammydd
My Device: Not Specified

8800 series - turns off when barely bumped

I have had my 8800 series BB for over a year and if I barely bump it, the phone turns off. Sometimes it will turn back on and other times I have to pop out the battery to get it to come back on. Anyone else have this issue and if so, what did you do about it?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
eyelikeart
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 8800 series - turns off when barely bumped

I've got the same problem on my Cingular (now AT&T) series 8800.  Mine's been doing it for quite a while now, and recently, mine has been resetting itself on it's own.  Yesterday, it somehow reset itself, deleted every message I had in there (except for the saved ones), deleted my call log, and deleted my entire calendar.  I'm not happy.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: 8800 series - turns off when barely bumped

Remove the OS altogether, then reload with latest for your carrier.
***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.