Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

My 8800 arbitrarily shuts down during use. There seems to be no specific sequence of tasks or operations that triggers this. Battery is charged and I don't have any unusual software on the phone. Any thoughts or help here?

Thanks

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: 8800

For how long you're using your device? If your use any media card then remove it for a while and check the behavior or your BlackBerry. If that doesn't solve the problem then consult RIM authorized service center near you or consult with your carrier representatives for claiming the warranty.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Thanks for the response. I have had the device for about 15 months. I am out of warranty. ATT is my provider and they are next to useless. Thought I'd try this approach. I want to determine if this is a software or hardware issue. A tech at ATT downloaded a patch with no luck.
Elite II

If reinstalling or upgrading the device OS doesn't solve the problem then nothing can be done for the device. Moreover, you're out of warranty!!! Sorry to hear that...

tanzim                                                                                  

Thanks for the information. Not exactly what I was hoping but that is how it goes. I will go ahead and investigate the OS upgrades and see if that helps.

archden

Elite II

Check the below link for steps on upgrading device OS -

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=General_Functions&message.id=3210#M3210

tanzim