Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Contributor
art234
My Device: Not Specified

8830 Case--Broken in 3 weeks--Norm?

The vinyl case for my 8830 (Verizon) broke at the clip after only 3 weeks. I took it back and they ordered me a new case, but my question is--is this normal? I have heard that the factory cases are not too sturdy, but should it break at the swivel in only 3 weeks?

I have also ordered the leather case on the BB site--is that a stronger swivel clip mechanism??

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: 8830 Case--Broken in 3 weeks--Norm?

I have broken 2 swivel cases for my Pearl over the past 2 years. But they all broke because when I sat down I caught the holster on the arm rest of the chair. If not for my own mistakes the cases have all lasted a long time.
Please use plain text.
Kumar

I have taken the Black Berry phone in last december. It is working fine but the Case is broken. I am trying to call the Black Berry customer care but they are not giving a proper response.

Can you suggest me where I can get the case replaced.

Thanks & Regards

Kumar 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
seanmriley

We  have seen several 8830 cases break at the belt clip here.  We had our carrier Verizon replace them without issue.  However, some of the replacements have broken too.
BES 4.1.4
Exchange 2003
150 Users
Devices: 8830
Carriers: Verizon
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

The cases are not covered under warranty. You will have to purchase a new one.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hudey123
My Device: Verizon 8830 World Edition

Not norm here... we have eight users now going on about six months of service and have had no broken cases...

Mike

// Hudey123 //
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BillKov

I gave up on swivel cases.  Frankly, my experience is that the clip is always the first thing to go.  I've a drawer full of pieces. . . So what I did instead is get a silicone slip on case for my 8830.  I can set it on the dash without worries, slide it in a pocket not worry too much if it gets a little wet. E-Bay - $4.00
Please use plain text.
hoppenj

I've replaced about 50 holsters in my company so far. Verizon has replaced them all under warranty.
Please use plain text.
GregL3911

I broke my first case (the fake leather one that came with the device) in 5 days at the swivel joint.  I got the runaround from Verizon and Blackberry customer support (each said contact the other for replacement) and then finally a supervisor at Blackberry wanted me to pay $10 plus shipping for the replacement case (the plastic holder).  That one lasted about 2 months (broke in the same place) so now I've gone without for about 4 months.  It's a pain, but better than having to make sure I sit down easily in the car so I don't accidently pull the tension clip out or break a pin.  I personally think both of the cases I received were extremely flimsy considering they expect you to wear them on you hip.  It would be better to have a belt loop with no swivel if they aren't going to make the devices any more sturdy than what they are currently.  My boss has a belt loop attached horizontal "pocket" with a button snap that works much better.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
seanlbrooks

I wouldn't even waste time with the case that came with your device. I broke mine in about 4 weeks. Then I upgraded to a Case-Mate. It's a two piece case that protect the phone as well. You can find it on www.tessco.com website.

Sean

Please use plain text.