Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

brettarthur
My Device: Not Specified

8830 Deleted my call log and text messages

This morning I looked at my phone (8830 W.E.) and it had deleted everything in my call log and all but a few text messages that were dated from randomly starting with Aug. 22 2008 and then skipped to Jul. 14 '08, then May 6 '08 and so on. A total of 6 text messages were left from awhile ago. I went into the Options menu in the call log and made sure "Confirm Delete" was checked, went under the phones "Options" menu and went to "Security Options" then "Firewall" and make sure nothing was being blocked. Then I went back to call log "Options" menu and went under "General Options" and made sure the "Phone List View" was set to "Call Log". Then I went under my SMS "Options" and went to "General Options" and made sure it still said Keep Messages - "30 Days".

This is third time this has happened. The other times, I turned the phone off, using the "Full Power Off" option and then pulled the battery, put it back in and it was fine. All my text messages and call log was still deleted, but it started to store them again. Each time this happens, it keeps the same 6 text messages.

Anyone else expierenced this problem or know of a way to fix it? I am thinking it has a SIM card error, but I could be totally wrong. I am not too savvy with phones, so any help is greatly appreciated!

Also, all my e-mails are fine. They are all still there and they do not disappear when this happens. 

Weird, isn't it?

Thanks!

BlackBerry 8830 World Edition

www.brettarthurphoto.com
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: 8830 Deleted my call log and text messages

Hi and welcome to the BlackBerry Forums

This is a problem caused by the low memory, you are fixing this when you reset the device because you are closing applications.

Read this link please to maximize the memory and battery, thanks.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14320

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
hutspa
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 8830 Deleted my call log and text messages

The same thing happened to me when my phone went through a metal detector like those at the airport only stronger...it wiped my text messages and my call log but left everything else.  My memory was fine.  I called VZ and they said it was possible due to the detector!
Please use plain text.