Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
Rinko

8830 Lock-ups

My 8830 has been locking-up at least once a day, everyday this week.  The indicator light turns solid red the screen goes black.  You can't do anything with it.  I have to hard shut it down by holding the power button down for awhile.  Usually twice before it will finally shutdown.  Then have to power it up again.

It started to do this a little over a month ago, but then I did an software update which I thought fixed it.  But now it's doing it again.

Anyone else have this problem or a possible solution to fix it? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Nickster108

Re: 8830 Lock-ups

Your 8830 shouldn't lock up at all for you. I would hard reset your 8830 and start from scratch, using only the latest BB OS from your Carrier, and the latest BB Desktop Software. Keep all the default settings until you are sure you have no lock-ups, and then start adding your Programs, etc., one at a time and test to make sure that the Program you just installed is not the culprit.

The BB OS is usually lockup free, so that is what you want to aim for. No reason why you should be having those kinds of problems. Good luck.

~~Nick Andriash~~
Courtenay, B.C.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rinko

Thanks Nick.  I'm pretty sure that I have the most updated OS, but maybe I'll try to reinstall it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Nickster108

What is important is that you start from a completely fresh BB. You might want to install a little Program called JL_Cmdr which I can send to you if you like, otherwise you can pick it up on BlackBerry Forums along with explicit instructions on wiping your BB clean:

http://tinyurl.com/432nn9

~~Nick Andriash~~
Courtenay, B.C.
Please use plain text.
lluther

I've had an 8703e since January. It began rebooting on my on its own. It could be in the holster, sitting on the table, or in my hand being used. It did not matter. the only trends I noticed were: It seemed to do it in the evening and around 9pm CST, this is when I was texting. That stopped being a trend after a few weeks and it was doing it everyday sometimes more than once.

I turned the phone into Verizon in February and a brand new one was sent to me. It started rebooting after several weeks and it has become more frequent lately (April). It is rare that I am using the BB so I dont beileve it has anything to do with an application. I suspect some reset signal is being sent or a system check is executed causing it to go into a reboot.

The odd thing I have noticed is that there are blogs concerning several models that are all reporting this automatic reboot. That leads me to suspect it is something with the BB server or a hacker related issue?????

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adrian

I have a BB 8830 also it has been doing the samething I have taken it back to the store 4 times they did not have a clue. I finally sent it back under the warranty and received a new one. They had the nerve to try and charge me saying it was not a warranty issue but they could not tell me what the problem was and why it was locking up. I rise enough you know what and they are going to credit my account.
Please use plain text.