04-01-2008 07:55 PM
04-01-2008 07:59 PM
Im starting a job monday that is going to require international travel (thus the reason im getting the 8830, im with Verizon)
1. If i dont unlock my phone what do I gain/lose? Why should I do this?
2. If i pop a sim in from another carrier, say vodaphone, will I get a new number, aka a euro specific number?
3. What will be the best way to call back to the states? Id really like to use my cell phone to be able to be able to call home. Would a sim card from euro let me call home? Is prepaid the best way to go so I avoid some huge charges?
4. Will the 8830WE work all over, Ive only seen people who goto europe but i know that Ill be traveling to every continent (spare antartica) will the phone work in all of these places?
5. Im trying my best to stay with verizon as its been very reliable to me or should i switch to a GSM carrier.
Any advice is greatly appreciated, this will be my first blackberry and am looking forward to it!
04-01-2008 08:04 PM
thanks max for the quick reply, do you know if its possible to get blackberry services outside of the US through verizon?
I have a feeling that if I dont unlock then I can get services outside the US but would be forced to pay verizon roaming charges...or I wonder if VZW has an international calling plan, I may have to check into it, but I dont really trust the folks at the VZW store...
04-01-2008 08:13 PM
if you need blackberry services its better to stick with the verizon roaming, the local sim is only good for calls and sms. nothing else.
if you are subscribed to verizon right now just make sure you enable your roaming get your roaming sim from verizon and then just jump to another country and it will all just work (albiet roaming charges)
04-01-2008 08:19 PM
04-01-2008 08:22 PM