Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

8830 deleting old Outlook calendar appointments

I can't seem to figure this out and it's killing me.  I have the 8830 (NOT on enterprise server) and sync with Outlook 2003.  Recently my sync started deleting old appointments.  Can anybody help with this?

Things to note: 

* My calendar settings on bberry have keep appointments at "forever"

* I tried removing and readding the synch configuration settings

Neither worked.

??? 

New Contributor
My Device: World Edition 8830

Re: 8830 deleting old Outlook calendar appointments

[ Edited ]
I'm having the same problem.  And the BB does it to the same entries every time so it doesn't appear to be random except that it doesn't occur with every synchronization.  I have only the applications that came with the phone and free memory is just under 20meg so Memory Manager should not be the culprit. 
Message Edited by WildBillLyle on 09-04-2008 04:50 PM
"Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - A. Einstein
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the foums!

In Desktop Manager for the calendar there is an option to transfer all. I use it because I go back for reference.

Are you experiencing any loss of emails or sms , call logs before "normal"

Please let me know!

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Thanks for the comments bifocals.

In my Desktop Manager i have already selected "Transfer All", so I don't think that's the problem.  I had changed my settings on the bberry from keep appointments "forever" to keep appointments for "60 days".  That helped a little.  It now deletes all of my outlook appointments after 60 days (rather than deleting them after a week or two).

I sometimes lose emails on my bberry (not on my outlook).  I dont know if it's a synch thing, but I've noticed that emails just disappear from the bberry.  I have it set to erase every 15 days, but it's not uncommon for them to erase after only a day or two. 

Does that help?

Any advice? 

Guru I

Hi,

Yes that can be a clue.

Please go to OPTIONS -STATUS

and send me the file free and file total numbers.

Thanks!

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Contributor

I completely feel like the **bleep** now, bifocal.  it looks like i was all filled up:

File Free:  0 bytes

File Total:  47841280 Bytes

I just erased a couple of applications (e.g. VZ Navigator), restarted and now I have the following:

File Free:  3898844

File Total:  47841280

I'm guessing that will make the difference?

How do I keep space open?  I don't really have much extra on the bberry.  No games, only 1 theme, no ringtones... only new applications are like WSJ, NY Times and Google, which I'm guessing don't take room since they're just links.  Facebook is probably the biggest.   

Guru I

Hi,

You have low free memory left on your device. I.

Do you have a lot of third party applications on your BB weather, icall,bbalerts etc?

I do not know your experience level, so if you know this I'm sorry but please read and let me

know if this applies.

Most people close the applications by pressing the escape or red key. This does not close the applications.

Each application has a CLOSE option. For instance if you are in the calendar hit the menu key (spotted key) and scroll down to the bottom CLOSE is listed. Go through each application and press close. Go into the browser press menu and options select cache operations clear all categories and hit escape it will say cleaning memory.

Go to options - security - memory cleaning - enable it. The BB will now clean memory when idle for 5 minutes.

you will have an icon on you screen for memory cleaning make sure you press it. Make sure you use the CLOSE button each time you are done with an application.
Please follow the steps on this link, to allow for all possible device memory.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=9225#M9225

If you follow these steps and keep up with your memory your phone will operate smoothly.

Please let us know if you need help with any of the steps.

Thanks

Contributor

This is great, I did all you suggested.  Thank you!

Only thing I couldn't do is this:

<<Go to options - security - memory cleaning - enable it. >>

There is no "Memory Cleaning" option under security (or "options") on either the BB options or Browser options. Don't know if it's hidden somewhere else in the 8830 or called something else.  Regardless, my "file free" space keeps growing.  So that's a good thing.