Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Visitor
leonraq
My Device: 8530 blackberry curve

All my contacts got wiped out......

I have a 8530 and when I put in my password it did not work. Then it ask me to type in "blackberry". I did that then it ask me to put my password and I did. It finally worked but now it had me register all over again and i have no contacts now. I had 456 contacts and now they are all gone. My email is not on my home page and I don't know how to put it back to the home page. Does anyone know if I can get my contacts back and how do you put the email back to the home page?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: All my contacts got wiped out......

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

It sounds like you have encountered one of the strong security features of BB's. If you enable the device lock password and fail to enter it correctly the set number of times (usually 10), it wipes your BB completely clean of all personal information. As such, none of your data is left on your BB. The only source for it will be a) your desktop PIM (assuming you are managing your data with Outlook or something similar) or b) your most recent backup via the RIM desktop software.

If a, then re-configure synchronization and push your data back to your BB.

If b, then find the IPD file (search your hard drive for *.ipd), and use that file as the source of a restore.

If neither, then you have just migrated from the latter to the former in this old adage:

There are two kinds of computing device users: those who have lost data, and those who will.

To restore your email conduits, conduct these steps in order:

1) Register HRT

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > blackberry_logo.jpg (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aldahawi
My Device: 9780

i find a gap it say write a blackberry whene i wrote it every things gone . does have any way to get my contacts back ...thanks a lot

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

aldahawi wrote:

i find a gap it say write a blackberry whene i wrote it every things gone . does have any way to get my contacts back ...thanks a lot

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

From that description, everything available is already in this thread.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aldahawi
My Device: 9780

sorry but when i plug the cable i can not found the desktop i just find which in media card or usbdrive if u know pleas help me

cheers

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...then here is the list of troubleshooting articles...hopefully something will be useful:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Desktop-Software/Tips-for-getting-BlackBerry-Deskt...
KB02640 Troubleshooting USB connections
KB15486 Top 10 BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry Desktop Manager troubleshooting tips
KB00125BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot detect the BlackBerry smartphone
KB11439 BlackBerry Desktop Software does not detect the BlackBerry smartphone when it is connected
KB00019 No PIN displayed in BlackBerry Desktop Redirector
KB10938 "USB charging current is insufficient" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone
KB01451 How to turn on advanced synchronization logging if a wired synchronization fails
KB19717 The BlackBerry smartphone is not detected as a USB Mass Storage Device when connected to a computer
KB16310 Media Transfer Protocol and the BlackBerry Storm smartphone
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Desktop-Software/Desktop-Manager-quot-disconnected...

Also, check that you are using only root USB ports...no hubs (sometimes the front-side ports are hubs...use a rear USB port). And make sure to try disabling USB power management in your system configuration (Device Manager).

Also check on conflicting software...it has been reported that the software package NTI Shadow&Ninja can cause a conflict; removing them and reinstalling the BB desktop software allows it to install correctly.

Apologies in advance if this is redundant -- there's no way to be sure if you've already seen and tried these. Also apologies if any are not presently available...RIM takes them up and down at will as they revise things.

Hopefully something there is helpful!

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Twocute
My Device: 9220

Please help me I tried to swap SIM cards then I accidentally said wipe data now it has erased all my bbm and normal contacts and I have no back up
Please use plain text.
Twocute
My Device: 9220

Wiped my phone by mistake contacts gone no back up please help me
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Twocute wrote:
Wiped my phone by mistake contacts gone no back up please help me

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Restoration of data depends on having a source from which to restore...once wiped from the device, gone forever from the device until returned via restore or via manual entry.

If you were on BBM7, your contacts will return after you log into the exact same BB ID on your BB.

For other contacts, you must have a source from which to restore. If you were using the FREE BB Protect, then your contacts may be there. If you ever used the FREE Desktop Software, then your contacts will be there (at the point when you created that backup). If you never did anything to protect your data, then you've migrated from the latter to the former in this old saying:

• There are two kinds of computing device users -- those who have lost data, and those who will

Backups, like insurance, are neither a reactive nor an optional activity.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
malish98
My Device: blackberry curve 9320

my cell phone got wiped out but the screen trun white and it hasn't truned on again. it has been like about 10 minutes already and im worried

Please use plain text.