Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

andreisy
My Device: Blackberry Strom2 9550 Odin
My Carrier: 3 indonesia

An error has occurred while downloading software for your device. Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists.

An error has occurred while downloading software for your device. Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists.

Every upgrade or downgrade Blackberry OS for strom2 9550 i always fail with that note.

Can anybody help my to fix my problem please help me please................................???????????????????

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: An error has occurred while downloading software for your device. Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists.

Hey andreisy,

You may want to use the desktop manger software to installed the update. You can get the update from this page http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.js once you get this then you can use this article to install the software on your device http://bbry.lv/cG8oer. Be sure to backup your device before you do the update.

Let us know how you make out.

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Repair_Tech
My Device: Not Specified

Re: An error has occurred while downloading software for your device. Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists.

I am attempting to reload software on someone else's bb 8530 and keep getting this error message when I attempt to download the software: "An error has occurred while downloading software for your device. Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists."

I am a repair tech and have done many updates to software and reloading software to fix jvm error messages but I can not get this one to work properly.  I attempted to follow these directions for downloading the files and then the article that explains how to do the update but the selection to update the software on the device tab is greyed out and will not allow me to select it.  When the phone is first connected the computer recognizes it but says it can not connect.  I click the button to update it and go through the menus that let me select which version of the software I want but when it comes to the part that should download the modules I get that error message.  Just to cover all my bases, I have verified that internet is working properly on this computer.

A little background on the phone: it is a Sprint 8530 that has been wet and was power cycling when I got it for repair.  I have solved the cycle problem and now I am getting a message on the phone that reads: "Reload Software: 513".  The device manager software will recognize the phone is connected and will also give me a pin # but that is all. 

I am also using desktop manager version 6.0.0.43

Please use plain text.
kboddy

I had the same issue with the updater not able to download the device software.

Downloading the update via the above link worked for me (select 'other version' and pick the local device software after installing).  This way the device software is installed locally first and is available for the 'flashing' of the device.

Yay... :smileyhappy:  Now if the user can remember their password this time...

Please use plain text.
devananne
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Tmobile

this is my exact problem. Have you figured it out?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Tanstar8820
My Device: 8820
My Carrier: none, formerly ATT

I get the exact same error msg.  I tried the above link that tells you to reinstall your current version, but got the same error.  Is there a way to download the update other than through the desktop software (which will neither update my firmware nor my apps) and then flash it?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sutjahjo
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Singtel

[ Edited ]

Please use plain text.
auxiliary

5 people missed it but the fix is the 2nd post. 

Click here software link

In my case i choose USA, AT&T and then choose the BOLD, then downloaded the latest OS, and installed it.

I guess the software is for unlocked phones that are not associated with a Carrier. 

Though I have used the software to update BB's before, just not my AT&T Bold i think.

Please use plain text.
samaroocomputech
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: 3057176200

i have this same problem too ,i.m trying for the pass 5 days now , but still no luck
Please use plain text.