Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
mat12301
My Device: Not Specified

Audio Books for 8830

I can dowload music into the 8830 but have been unable to find any audiobook company which is compatible - any suggestions?
Contributor
7horn
My Device: Alltel 8830

Re: Audio Books for 8830

Audio files are audio files, if you can't get them in .mp3 file format then convert them to it and the media manager does a pretty good job of ripping CDs.

Most downloadable audio files are .mp3 and the 8830 plays .mp3 just fine.

The biggest problem is when you say the words "BlackBerry" to the Ipod/Iphone-ers who are all of 14 years old and still think that Steve Jobs and Al Gore created the internet and the world.

As for companies try "mp3 audiobooks" as a google.

There is only two reasons to ever get into this field either as a hobby or a career, frustration and fascination. Unfortunately no matter which one has led you here today, I guarantee it will eventully lead to the other.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
If the women don't find you handsome, and I'm quessing they don't, they should at least find you handy.
New Contributor
evramos

Your question IS valid. The truth is that you can download a new sync converter that will allow you to send your itunes to your blackberry so you can take some of your songs to the gym BUT, and this is a big BUT! What they do not tell you until you have purchased a 35 dollar audio book that it is protected from being converted. So NO, you can not use the converter for a large portion of your purchases. If you go purchase an ipod you can take your audio books to the gym. The blackberry is a no go. That really ticks me off because I want ONE item, not two. If my phone rings I can switch to phone. Right now I am still looking for the same thing you are.

New Contributor
evramos

I just got off the phone with www.audible.com and they confimed that my phone 8830 will work. They actually install a sofware on your phone that will make the 4 format work (it does not convert it) That way my digitally protected books will play. Whew! He said they worked out a deal with blackberry so they can be compatible.

If your like me and want a person to confirm your phone will work I listed the info below.

For customer service please call:
1-888-283-5051 (USA & Canada)
973-820-0400 (International)
Monday-Friday 9AM-10PM EST
Saturday 10AM-7PM EST

barbiepainter
My Device: Blackberry 8830 World Edition

I have had great luck downloading audiobooks from the public library. 
Super Contributor
My Device: 9700

Like 7horn said the Blackberry device do not need any special "audio book" formats. So any conventional audio files you use on your computer should generally work.