Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
McGrats
My Device: Not Specified

BB 8700G Crashed

I was in the process of installing the new "Agendus for Blackberry" on my 8700G. I downloaded the software to my desktop and used the BB Desktop Manager to install it as per instructions. During the update application phase, the traditional hour glass appeared on the BB... and continued appearing for over 6 hours until I removed the battery (I attempted to shut down the BB with the button to no avail). After waiting an hour and re-installing the battery, the "hourglassing" continued as before. It appears I'm in some type of endless loop. Iambic doesn't have a clue and I hate to do some type of reset because I just discovered all my BB backups are corrupt. 

What am I supposed to do now and does anyone know why is it doing this?
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: BB 8700G Crashed

New Contributor
McGrats

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the info. Although that is definitely NOT what I wanted to hear, it appears it's what I'll have to do <double  groan> unless someone else has a better answer. My own company has 24 BBs and our clients have roughly another 400. I can assure you that no one will ever even consider Iambic <authors of "Agendus for BlackBerry"> for anything after this disasterous episode. For the life of me, I can't understand why BB hasn't sent out a notice about this company before. I can't believe I'm the only one Iambic has impacted this way.

Jack Koenig

Jack Koenig & Associates.

Message Edited by McGrats on 03-21-2009 04:35 PM
Message Edited by McGrats on 03-21-2009 04:36 PM
Developer

Have you contacted the application vendor support team ?

Check this link:http://support.iambic.com/

Contact them and let them know about your problem with their product.

New Contributor
McGrats

As a matter of fact, that was the first thing I did. I contacted them at about 7:41 last night and although I received an acknowledgement, they haven't responded with anything else. That in itself raises some serious red flags.

Jack Koenig

Jack Koenig & Associates

Developer

In such ticket-based system acknowledgments have been sent automatically. Moreover you have posted message at their support forum. They have at least 2 signals received.

That's very strange that no-one of the support staff contacted you. Regardless of the problem severity they must contact you.

New Contributor
McGrats

I've been in the IT business since 1970 when Spiegels hired me right out of college to integrate their new 1401's with their Industrial Engineering function. Without getting into details, it was an extremely complex task which required everything run like a clock... no errors allowed. A few years later I was Director of IT at the ASF Division of Amsted as well as internal consultant to their 26 other divisions. During this period of time I designed and coded a program that allowed mainframe computers to schedule themselves as well as all sources of input. Using my program (assigned to them), Amsted obtained the world's first patent on mainframe application software and made a fortune on it. As the author, I was constantly holding hands with so-called "newbies" as they navigated through its setup and application (although it was well documented). And that forever burned an impression in my mind as to what is required when you sell an application system to a client. That, unfortunately, is something the people at Iambic never learned or understood. I've heard other horror stories about that firm and I'm amazed they're still in business. I intend to make very certain they get a lot of "press" out of this one.

Jack Koenig
Jack Koenig & Associates
New Contributor
McGrats

By the way, I haven't followed your advise as yet because I'm still waitng to see if Iambic has anything to say. I'll give them until tomorrow noon and then I'll do what you suggested on your website. I'll keep you posted!

On a related topic, do the folks at BB monitor this board? If so, I hope they take notice of this fiasco.

Jack Koenig

Jack koenig & Associates

Developer

RIM (BlackBerry) people monitor and are involved into this forum. But as far as I know RIM is not related to iambic company.

And therefore I do not understand what RIM can do in this case, except of read this thread and realize that iambic company ignores iambic's customers and does not provide them with support.

If you have bought the product at Handango.com you can try to write to Handango's customer support team.

Handango signs a contract with software publishers who sell software via Handango's site. And according to the contract the publisher must respond to support requests from customers in 24 hours (max: 48 hours).

I think that other major publishers like MobiHand have the same terms in their contracts with software publishers.