Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB 8800 - How to cancel an eMail account

I want to delete my personal email account and add my wife's who now inherits 8800 while I play with my Bold.  I can't seem to figure that out.  Can anyone help?
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: BB 8800 - How to cancel an eMail account

You can log into your carrier's BIS site on your computer and delete that account and add your wife's. You can also do this from the personal email setup icon on the device.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Thanks.  Sorry, I don't know what you mean.  How do I login to my carrier's BIS site?  Would I normally have access to that?
Elite I

Which carrier do you have? Yes, you would have access to it.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor

I have AT&T.  Can I stop the email push from AT&T to just the 8800 and not the Bold, or do I stop both and set them up on each device?
Highlighted
Elite I

You can log onto AT&T's BIS site here - http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

Once you sign in you can add/edit/delete any email accounts that are on either device. Is the Bold in your name and the 8800 in your wife's name? If you log in with your credentials. If you aren't prompted to change to using the Bold, click the "Change Device" link on the left side and put in the Bold's PIN number. Doing so should transfer all your accounts to the Bold. Afterwards you wife can create her own account using the 8800's credentials and setup her accounts.