Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BB 9930 v7.0.0.374, Platform 5.0.0.552
My Carrier: Verizon

BB 8830 Backup to Outlook

I've been backing up my 8830 to Outlook for years, with all working properly, and now realize that the four User-defined fields in Outlook are smaller than on the BB. In my address book, I use the user-defined fields extensively to save a lot of info under various contacts. Consequently, while I might think that I've got a good backup, I'm afraid that if I ever have to restore from Outlook, I will be missing quite a bit of my information. Anyone know how I might expand the Outlook fields to fully accommodate my BB info? I've now started also using the BB backup function as a failsafe but I can't refer to that info on my laptop as I do with Outlook.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB 8830 Backup to Outlook

Hello Patrick,

Just to clarify - when you synchronize your BlackBerry with your Outlook (what version of Outlook is it?), not all of your data is being transferred over from your Contacts? Such as you have a BlackBerry PIN in your device address book but when you look in your Outlook address, you are not able to see this information?

Thanks,

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: BB 9930 v7.0.0.374, Platform 5.0.0.552
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB 8830 Backup to Outlook

Sorry this is so old, but still having the same problem, only now with the 9930.  All of the BB 9930 fields back up to Outlook (2002) but the info in the user-defined fields gets truncated because the Outlook fields are smaller than on the BB.  Consequently, not all of the info is being backed up on Outlook.