Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
maxxasman
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BB 8830- "Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.controlled access exception"

I bought a Stowaway Shasta Bluetooth Keyboard to use with my BB 8830. I installed the driver and software on the BB, but get the "Uncaught exception:net.rim...exception warning, and the program crashes. I uninstalled everything from my BB, reinstalled the latest OS version and reinstalled my applications. The problem is still there. Any idea how I can eliminate the issue? Thanks in advance for your help.

Maxxasman

Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: BB 8830- "Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.controlled access exception"

What keyboard vendor support is saying about that?

This issue is up to vendor support team.

There is something wrong with software which came with the keyboard.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maxxasman

Re: BB 8830- "Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.controlled access exception"

Thanks for the reply. I attempted to contact the keyboard manufacturer at the web address in the owner's manual- www.thinkoutside.com, but it appears to have been bought up by iGo, as I get redirected to their site. The iGo site has no reference to the Stowaway keyboard product, nor can I find updated drivers or software on the Web. Any ideas?

Rich

Please use plain text.
Developer

On the site: http://www.csatpro.com/igo/

there is support phone number. Call'em and ask'em for assistance.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maxxasman

Thanks. Will do.

Rich

Please use plain text.
Developer

You're welcome :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maxxasman

I went to the site and found the latest driver and software for the keyboard. Everything works! Thanks for helping me sort this out!

Rich

Please use plain text.
Contributor
judith59

I also was having an error message of "uncaught exception: layout requested during layout." I went to the web site you were given and downloaded the driver but it downloaded to my desktop and I can't figure out how to get it installed into Stowaway keyboard application on my phone. Can you help me figure this out?
Please use plain text.