Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
jenlross
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: None

BB Playbook a TOTAL waste

The playbook is a ridiculous waste of money and time!! I've had mine for 3 weeks now. The screen is unresponsive (can't even get it to recognize what I've tried to click on without pushing and pushing and pushing....my fingers are starting to get calluses!!), It will not connect to wifi without having to make overly complicated changes to network (and then having to change everything else on the network...just to get playbook to connect. Then it chooses if it feels like connecting or not), playbook won't recognize outlook for email, playbook won't download basic features in its own app (like facebook pics), and the selection of apps is severely lacking. So not only can you not connect to Internet without hours of complicated changes, when/if you do it will not respond to touch, not download completely, and you can't check email.... If you have a playbook, you need to get used to "incompatible", "incapable", and "unable". We will be taking this playbook back and purchasing something that will JUST WORK, without having to search forum after forum for "fixes". I'm talking basics!

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BB Playbook a TOTAL waste

My PlayBook and everyone else I know with a PlayBook is able to use them with no problem. Mine registers my touch with a light touch (no need to press hard) and it connects to wifi with no problem whatsoever. Even my parents are able to use their PlayBook with no problem and they're completely tech illiterate.

If yours isn't working right, take it back and get a different one.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
jaysus858
My Device: Z10, DC, 9810, 9800, 8520, Playbook
My Carrier: O2

But you have 1 post against your name.

Playbook is one of the easiest Tablets I have ever played with, there's even an intro at the start to explain actions and swipes
Tis Jaysus!
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I know over 50 people with a PlayBook, they dont have those issues.

is possible that your WiFi isnt up to the new specs that are out. I had some issue with my old router.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jenlross
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: None

No, we spent many calls with tech support trying to resolve all the different playbook issues. Our router had no problems with compatibility with our numerous devices (PS3, laptops, blueray players, satellites etc)... however playbook required over complicated "solutions" in which we then had to change all of our other devices after. That is not even touching any of the other issues. If this was just to play simple games on and was just a toy, then it may not be such an issue. But to not even be able to communicate with outlook for email?! Not to mention basic popular sites like Facebook and Pintrest. Bad form. I don't know if I will trust it for college work, as this was the main reason we bought this.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

Concerning solely your WiFi issues, would you mind revealing the specific make/model of the WAPs you were using? I have a specific case of poor PB performance on a specific WAP, and I'd like to compare.

FYI, the model that caused me issues was:

And the issue was one of an inability to connect to the WiFi in any stable manner -- which made all other symptoms (poor performance with anything requiring an internet connection) simply cascaded results rather than root issues (and it works perfectly fine with other WAPs).

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
zaba76
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1
My Carrier: O2 UK

I can't believe you've had this many problems. My pb has none of the above and connects to any network within seconds. If anything ny screen is a bit too sensitive at times and I can access multiple email accounts in one place with more ease than any other solution I have come across. Seems like a bit of a one off to me. What router are you using? And what sort of encryption?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
Please use plain text.