Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
AV1611
My Device: 8700
My Carrier: MTS

BB8830, I can't get the BIS working at MTS UA

[ Edited ]

Greetings, to all.

I have some few BB8830 bought here in Ukraine from an independent seller. I bought them solely for the purpose of using them with a subscription for BIS at MTS UA provider. The trouble is that neither of my three phones do not work as true Blackberry terminals :smileysad: I was unable to have them working with the BIS, as hard as I have tried...

I got another, an older version of BB -- 8700 model. It has been working nicely with the BIS service at the same provider. Comparing it to 8830, I can tell that 8830 refuses to give any sign of proper working with the BIS. My calls and visits to the help desk of the cell provider did not do any good. The only thing they told me is something in the order of 'your smartphone has been lost by the owner or something, and therefore it has been 'shunned' by RIM company. You should contact the owner or the seller. We do not have any means to solve this trouble'. I tried to have my seller to contact the folk he got those phones from, and it did not do any good either. Is there a way to 'unlock' them, making them able to work with the BIS? Could you help me and/ or give me the proper contacts of someone/some department at RIM/Blackberry company, where I could send my PIN, IMEI to, and have my smartphones unlocked this way?

You might ask me a question: why did you buy three snartphones? My answer is: I really liked Blackberry service, the software and hardware elements of Blackberry phones. It fitted perfectly to my needs. So I decided to expand the number of BB devices in my family.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB8830, I can't get the BIS working at MTS UA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If they have told you that your device(s) has been reported as lost or stolen, then there is nothing you can do...when reported as such, the BB network (being the most secure available) is designed to "blacklist" the device so that it cannot function on any carrier network for BIS services. Only the person who reported it as such can remove the report...no one else.

If you want to dig further, then refer:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AV1611
My Device: 8700
My Carrier: MTS

Does that mean that I might throw these phones in a garbage can as well, or still there is a way to make an application to RIM and plead them to remove my phones from the black list?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Via the link I provided, I have already answered that question.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.