Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
ozgurozgungor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone TR

BIS server activation error

hi everybody. i am using 9360. while activating hotmail, google, yahoo mail accounts etc. i do not have any problem. but while i am activating my company mail account server rejects me and gives "wrong password" answer to me. i have just discuss with my mail server this topic. they give me this answer: 

"blackberry using the docode service and we are using courier service thats why they are given problem and not working properly . "

but they can not give any idea or any other answer about my problems answer. 

actually we are using company mail accounts on machines which were activeted before. but at now we can not active any new account or old accounts to new machines. we can not active any company mail account from last week. they gave me server setting and i tried with those too.. but at whole time the same answer "wrong password." we excatly know the pw but server do not give permission to activation. can anybody please help me about "blackberry using the docode service and we are using courier service thats why they are given problem and not working properly . "  thnx...

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: BIS server activation error

To integrate a Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) account, complete the following steps:

1. Log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service account.
  2. Under Services, click Email Accounts
  3. Click Set Up Account. Type the email address, password, and confirm the password of the account that you want to integrate. 
  4. Click Next. The integrated account appears under Your E-mail Accounts.

If the integration fails, you receive the following error message:

We were unable to configure this email account. Please tell us how you access your e-mail by selecting an option below.

This error can be caused by one of the following:

• The integration failed because you typed the wrong account information. Repeat steps 1 to 4.
  • The integration is not complete because additional information is missing. Proceed to the following steps.

To continue the integration process, complete the following steps:

1. Click Next
  2. Select This is my work email account, and then click Next.
  3. Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, and then click Next.
  4. Select either This is my personal email account or This is my work email account, and then click Next.
  5. Under Internet Service Provider E-mail (POP/IMAP), select Automatically detect my Microsoft® Outlook® or Outlook Express settings, and then click Next.

To automatically detect the email account information

Click Detect.

• If email accounts are detected:
    1. In the Select Email Account dialog box, select the email account(s) you would like to access.
    2. Click Continue.
    3. If prompted with multiple Security Warning Dialog boxes during the download process, click Yes or OK to continue.
  • If no email accounts are detected:
    1. An error message will inform you that the BlackBerry Internet Service was unable to detect your email account(s).
    2. Click OK to return to the Set Up An Existing Outlook / Outlook Express Accountscreen.
    3. Click Next to manually specify the email account information. 

To manually specify email account information

1. Click Next.
  2. Enter your user name, password, email server, and email address.
  3. Click Next.
  4. Click OK to complete the integration.

Note: Security Warning dialog boxes may appear during the download process. Click Yes to close them.

If you choose to download, complete the following steps:

1. Click Download. You can find the account with which you want to integrate on your Microsoft Outlook email client.
  2. Click Yes on the Security Warning to install and run the application.
  3. From the list, select the email accounts you want to access and click Continue.
  4. Type the password for the selected account and click Set Up Now. The integrated account should appear under Your E-mail Accounts.

If you choose not to download, complete the following steps:

1. Verify your email address, user name, and password.
  2. Type the server name and select the Server type.

Please let us know if this information helps you.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ozgurozgungor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone TR

ron thnx for your kind answer but i have just tried whole of these.. my mail server said ""blackberry using the docode service and we are using courier service thats why they are given problem and not working properly . " so how can i solve this issue? or can you please explain activation from mobileemail.vodafone.com site. or the exact way of solving the docode/courier service asnwer?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

Blackberry email integration should also work with Courier Mail Server as it also serves IMAP, POP3, SSL, and HTTP protocol commodities. Im not aware about the "docode" term your IT has provided you. 

In regard to the Blackberry Email activation from your Carrier, I believe you are referring to http://mobileemail.vodafone.net/ this is the correct URL. Access it on your computer and login to it. Contact your Carrier if you need the credentials.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob

You may also check this Article on how to configure a Blackberry Email

Creating a BlackBerry email account on the BlackBerry smartphone

Ron

Please use plain text.