Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BMW and my Blackberry...aaaarggh!

My blackberry stops talking to my BMW at the letter "S"

BMW told me to upgrade to a newer operating system. Where is this download?

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: BMW and my Blackberry...aaaarggh!

Try here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

posted by DigitalFrog

I believe it is because the BMW can only store a limited number of entries. I think it's 100 but it could be less.  If I remember correctly under the Bluetooth settings you can change the settings to either transfer the entire phonebook or just the frequently dialed numbers, I don't transfer my whole phone book.

I hope this helps.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

That's good to know, I've only dealt with Lexus and Toyota.  Sounds like maybe it's the BMW that needs an operating system upgrade!  Maybe you should close all the windows, get everyone out of the car and get back in again......:smileywink: 

posted by DigitalFrog

Well I tried the "hot list" feature and it loaded a total of 20 entries.

Not enough for me to function (I work out of my car) so I thought to un pair device and re load/re boot to give it a boot in the @*$, and now it does not see my device AT ALL to pair. So I up graded to a higher op system as requseted by BMW tech guy. (and the link you provided, thank you) It wiped out my address book intirely (never happens with a mac) and de activated my enterprise activation that I need a password from my admin dept. Not very wonderful on a Saturday night....

So BMW claimes 999 entries seen/stored but I'm wondering if that is 999characters or includes email addresses, reg addresses etc...

Any one else having this problem???