Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
skye4
My Device: Not Specified

Battery suddenly will not re-charge

Second posting to this very excellent forum. Hope that someone can hlep me out as quickly and as well as before. I have had my BB 8830 for almost a year and really depend upon it, for work and for play. Suddenly without warning, the battery would not re-charge today with the BB car adapter, USB connector or AC outlet adapter. All functions on the BB appear to be working when plugged in to a power source and the screen icon registers that it is plugged in but the battery remains low. I searched the manuals but didn;t find anything related to this issue. After a period of time do the batteries just fail to juice? Does it mean simply that I need to replace the battery? Or is this something wrong with the BB itself??

Please advise! I can use it when I am near an outlet or in the car but obviously this will greatly limit its use!!

skye4

Forums Veteran I
bbhorrigan
My Device: 8900

Re: Battery suddenly will not re-charge

If you connect it to your computer, does it show up as a device? I would suggest trying to get a new battery.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
New Contributor
skye4

Ho it was not recognized by either BB Desktop Manager or the PC but I am using the front USB port, as I always have. Does that mean it is more than just a battery?
New Contributor
skye4

Sorry that should have been "no"! It is late. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
skye4

PS: Just happened to see that the battery icon is no longer in the red zone and the charge has actually increased from 20% to 25%. Now it is up to 30%. I am really confused. Usually it re-charges pretty quickly using the car adapter or the AC adapter. I have been trying to charge it since 5 pm Thursday and it is Friday morning already....
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the USB cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage).

If it doesn't boot--try using a wall outlet charger if you are not. If you are connected via USB to the PC, make certain that you have Desktop Manager (or the USB device drivers) installed, which you can download below.

Make certain your USB cable is connected to one of the PC's main rear USB ports. Not a USB hub, nor a monitor USB port, nor a USB port on the front of the PC.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Ericlc
My Device: 8830

That just happen to my Storm and I removed the battery, reinstalled, and booted up. This got everything working again! Good luck! E

scohen777
My Device: Blackberry 8830

Re: Battery will not re-charge

My 8830 does not recharge.  I have tried multiple wall chargers and the "Charging Icon" does come on when it is plugged in, but it still never makes it out of the red zone and does not get enough power to make a connection.  I have replaced the battery and have the same issue with the new battery.  Any thoughts?