Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Contributor
Petruccio
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320

BlackBerry 6230 e-mail setup & drivers for PC

Hi! I own a BB 6230. I have registered my handheld with the operator services, in Service Book there is IPPP for 5, Browser Config and Internet Browser, but when I try to compose a new e-mail, the next error appears on the screen: No email services, please connect handheld to your PC. You will only be able to Save Draft.

What should I do?

1. I don't have the drivers for this device, can someone send me a link where a can get them?

2. Who knows where is the browser in this phone? I've searched all the menu and did not find it.

Please help me guys! Thanks!

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: BlackBerry 6230 e-mail setup & drivers for PC

Hi Petruccio,

Regarding the issue you are having trying to compose and send email, can you please verify that your data plan from your wireless service provider supports email? If it does, this KB article will show you how to set it up. "How to associate email addresses with the BlackBerry Internet Service account" http://bbry.lv/JMENEe

This KB article provides some troubleshooting steps to try for your browser icon not showing. "The browser icon is missing or not shown on the BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/MMhkib

Can you please clarify what you mean by drivers for the BlackBerry® smartphone? Are you looking for BlackBerry® Desktop Software?

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
Petruccio

I also own a Torch 9860 and I have no problems with mail service, everything works just perfect (with the same SIM card). I read about the issue with missing browser icon and I have another question: who is sending me all the service books? RIM or my carrier? Or my carrier has specific service books for specific models? I don't understand.

Now, about the drivers for my PC. When I connect my 6230 and open the Desktop Manager it cannot detect the handheld, saying "Please make sure you have a valid internet connection". It means from my BB 6230? Because I have internet acces from my computer. 

Retired
FrankieS

Hi Petruccio,

Service books are sent by your wireless provider and are specific to different models.

When connecting your BlackBerry® smartphone to the BlackBerry® Desktop Software are you receiving this message as soon as you connect or when trying to perform a function such as a synchronization or installing an application?

What version of BlackBerry® Desktop Software do you currently have installed?

This KB article should help with any connectivity issues

"Identifying and troubleshooting issues with the BlackBerry Desktop Software detecting a USB connected BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/RINGka

Thanks.

-FS

Contributor
Petruccio

This is what I get when trying to connect it to the BB Desktop Manager.

Contributor
Petruccio

By the way, when I am connecting it to the PC, it cannot install the drivers. Appears "Device driver software was not successfully installed".

Retired
FrankieS

Hey Petruccio,

Just to verify, have you tried all of the steps in this KB article? "Identifying and troubleshooting issues with the BlackBerry Desktop Software detecting a USB connected BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/RINGka

Cheers,

-FS