Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Contributor
maryjaneb
My Device: 8220 Smartphone

BlackBerry 8220 software upgrade tip

Just a tip for new BlackBerry users like me to avoid upgrade anxiety. Don't make my mistake of downloading the desktop software for 8820 that shows up on the downloads page. It took me a week and a lot of faith to figure out the software couldn't find my phone because it was looking for a different model number. Instead of re-installing what came on the package CD I decided to try again and see if the package titled 4.7 would run with my 8220 (two twos, not two eights). Turns out it does, but it's not the most intuitive choice in the drop down menus. Cheers!
JSanders
Solutions: 6,028
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry 8220 software upgrade tip

Actually, to set the record straight, Desktop Manager is not particular to specific model BlackBerry devices.

If you found DM 4.7 worked better in your situation, that is great, but it is not the matter across the board for all 8220 users.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code