Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Visitor
MJHWells
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Blackberry 8520 Message Issues

My device is an 8520 v4.6.1.314

I've had the phone for about a month now and up until last week it's been perfect. However recently I have had difficulties with both my message folders (the one that collates the SMS and MMS messages, and the other that collates all Web-Based material). Both folders have the same problem.

Taking the SMS and MMS folder as an example, when I receive a message the icon shows, but the message does not show in the folder - instead I have to go to View Folders > SMS Inbox. However once past midnight all of the messages from the previous day appear? I don't know if there's some sort of archiving thing going on?

Likewise with the web-based messages, rather than going into the Messages folder I have to search for the individual email account folder, the facebook application, or the BB Messenger application.

I have tried a battery pull and it has had no effect. The irritating thing is if I go to Messaging > Options > General Options and change anything it seems to corect the problem temporarily, but not on a permanent basis.

Is this a common problem? It's starting to get very irritating, i hope someone here will be able to help.

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Please use plain text.
Duckz
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Blackberry 8520 Message Issues

I also have this problem.  Does anybody have any suggestions?

Many Thanks

Lee

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hem_shah80
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Blackberry 8520 Message Issues

I seem to have found a solution for this issue, 

I faced 3 issues:

1) never herd a tone for incoming sms's 

2) never got my sms's in the folder (had to check it from view folder)

3) could not combine sms and emails in one folder

all i did was got my sim card upgraded and restarted the phone, apparently my sim was of low capacity in terms of the Mb's and it has worked perfectly ever since. 

Do let me know if this sorts out your issue!

Regards, 

Hem

hem@dbshr.com

Please use plain text.