Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
tr23
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry 8800 Keypad problem!

[ Edited ]

Recently I bought blackberry 8800 (O2 branding), after update from the desktop manager  i noticed that some keys at keypad not working e.g Y U H J B N

I already tried the hard reset, but it didn’t change anything.

Before I made an update all keys at keypad were working, the problem appeared just after I made an update.

What is most painful, that I didn’t make a copy from the previous firmware of  bb and I don’t have  cd with original firmware!

I used search , but I didn’t find anything close to my problem, so any help would be great!

Message Edited by tr23 on 06-06-2009 10:19 AM
Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Blackberry 8800 Keypad problem!

Check this link:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/1871-blackberryos-4-x-download-faq-upgrade-downloads.ht...

Consider downgrade of your device software.

If there is no device software from O2 to make downgrade you can use device software from another wireless operator but exactly for your device model.

Check the link above for the instructions.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tr23

yeap, wrong firmware :smileywink:

Just updated from 02 now works fine.

Thx for the advise!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
San-Diego-Homes

That was just what the doctor ordered!  This Blackberry Support Form is quite helpful.  Thank you.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Humbert

[ Edited ]

Business users seeking a feature-loaded, sexy-looking smartphone will find plenty to like in Research in Motion’s BlackBerry 8800. The sleek dark-blue-and-silver device ($299 from Cingular, with a two-year service agreement) takes after the BlackBerry Pearl in both style and features, and it also includes a full QWERTY thumb-style keyboard, though it’s barely passable to use. This design shortfall (coupled with a lack of support for 3G networks) makes the phone less attractive to heavy users of text messaging and e-mail.

Blackberry Based Wireless Solution

Message Edited by Humbert on 06-26-2009 02:52 AM
Please use plain text.