Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Messenger icon is missing

Hi ! I have one Blackberry 8800 by O2, initially there is one icon for Blackberry Messenger but after upgrade the Desktop Manager to v 4.2.1.101 (Platform 2.3.0.80), the Blackberry messenger icon is no longer there, can anyone tell me why ?

Thanks!

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Blackberry Messenger icon is missing

Try one of the following -

1. Click on Alt and hit the Menu button -> select Show All. Look for your Browser icon and might fiind it as dimmed. Now if you want to see this on your homescreen then highlight the icon -> click Alt then Menu button -> uncheck Hide.
  2. Collect the device OS from O2 download site and install it in your PC. Connect your device via USB cable and click on Application Loader. Choose BlackBerry Messenger and click next then finish.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Hi ! I tried first option, click on Alt and hit the Menu to show All, but i still don't see Blackberry Messenger icon. 2nd option, when i click on the link for O2 download, the version they provided is same as what i have installed to my Blackberry handheld. V4.2.1.101

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

OK! Check another thing go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Application. Look for BlackBerry Messenger whether its available in your device or not. If the application is not there then go to your Internet Browser -> Applications -> Stay In Touch -> BlackBerry Messenger and download the application.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Hi ! when i click on download, i have the following message "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Messenger for Software Versions 4.0 and 4.1.

New Contributor

In the download Blackberry messenger website saying that "This version of BlackBerry Messenger is supported only by BlackBerry Device Software versions 4.0 and 4.1. If you are using a newer version of BlackBerry Device Software, BlackBerry Messenger is already installed on your smartphone. " I'm having V 4.2.1.101 but still can't see the blackberry messenger, why ?

New Contributor

I have a BBM icon my Application Folder. I cannot move it to my Home Screen. Have a BB 8800/AT&T.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Which link are you using to download the messenger?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Messenger is in use, but can't move icon to home page from the folder
My Device: BLACKBERRY TOUR
My Carrier: VERIZON

I have a blackberry tour and can only access BBM from my switch application screen and cannot move it to my home screen. I am showing ALL icons on my Home screen and do not see this greyed out; can anybody tell me how to get this back?

I tried redownloading it and now the newer version is on here but again I can only access it from my switch application page.  

Any advice?