Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Blackberry Torch Memory

I was reading the specs for the Torch on the AT&T website and it states for memory:

Memory
512 MB RAM + 512 MB Flash + 4 GB Flash + 4 GB MicroSD---so does that mean that apps can be downloaded and stored on the 4 GB Flash or 4GB MicroSD?  What does the different 4GB options do for me?  I want this phone and want to make sure that memory WILL NOT be an issue like it is on the older phones....Blackerry BOLD 9000.  Thank you!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Torch Memory

Unfortunately phones are not able to store apps to the SD cards. Android is currently having the same issues.  Frome what I have read/heard, the OS of the phone takes up less than 1/8th of the total internal memory, thus leaving plenty of room for contacts/calendar items/tasks/apps and whatever else (assuming your music/videos/pics stay on your SD card)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks for the info. What I was really thinking (and no I DO NOT want an iPhone!) Is that why can't everything run on one memory platform on the Blackberry. If u have an 8GB iPhone, then EVERYTHING runs on just that 8GB memory. There is no other memory just for OS or apps or tasks, etc. I think BB should model after that scenario. Having multiple memory locations for different things, reminds me of Windows on a computer. Just a thought...
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

I agree completely. Unfortunately it seems to be a technological limitation at this point, they cant find a way to practically run programs stored on a removable card. Once someone figures it out, im sure everyone will adopt. But for the most part, it is run off a central location and just separated into partitions for organizational purposes. SD cards were put in later to allow users to free up some of their harddisk space.

Cheers!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter