Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8530
My Carrier: Boost Mobile

Blackberry curve 8530 stopped working unexpectedly. Need a support number

Hello! I have had my device for less than a year and my carrier's phone insurance plan does not apply because of that. I have boost mobile. The lady from the insuron phone insurance company gave me the number for the phone's manufacturer, blackberry, to call. However, this ended up being the number for boost mobile and I could not get support for a faulty device through their phone menus. I have googled and googled and cannot find an appropriate number to call. I am running around in circles!!

I cannot use my trackpad. It clicks, but it does not scroll. I can only make phone calls and answer calls. No texting, no emails, no web, no anything because I cannot scroll. Numerous batteries pulls did NOT work. The screen goes white every now and then. Sometime it'll say no battery is connected. I have never dropped it. The phone emitted a white/purple tinted light yesterday for the first time ever and it was off when this happened. I am clueless on what to do. I cannot check the OS version installed or anything for you guys since I cannot even get into those menus. 

Any assitance would be great. Many thanks in advance! -Nicole

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Re: Blackberry curve 8530 stopped working unexpectedly. Need a support number

BlackBerry does not provide direct warranty support for handsets.   That is provided by the seller.   And BlackBerry does not provide other support for handsets for free.  Again, that is provided by the seller.  You need to talk to your carrier's customer service.

- Ira