Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

iua_assoc
My Device: Not Specified

Bluetooth connection to TomTom GPS - need 2nd Bluetooth for headset

I am trying to use the TomTom to connect thru Bluetooth for dialing the Blackberry, but I am using a Bluetooth headset with the Blackberry.

Does anyone knowhow/if, the Blackberry can handle 2 Bluetooth connections (1 to GPS, 1 to BB)?

Otherwise, any advice on how to configure the TomTom (630) and Blackberry to achieve the above goal (dial calls through GPS, use Bluetooth headset)?

Thanks

Metz1182

Re: Bluetooth connection to TomTom GPS - need 2nd Bluetooth for headset

I'm running an 8830 with a Tom Tom Go730.  I'm not all that familiar with your set up, but you should have options on your Tom Tom for where call audio goes.  There should be a selection for "bluetooth device".  Pick that and you should be good to go.  You're probably trying to get your BB to be the central device in this system, look at the Tom Tom, and try using that to split the audio.
New Developer
visortgw
My Device: 9930, OS v7.0.0.374
My Carrier: VZW

It definitiely can! I use a TomTom GO 920 to connect to the Internet via my BlackBerry 8830 for access to TomTom Services -- I just disable the Bluetooth audio on the TomTom. I then connect to either my Volk-L (VW carkit) or JAWBONE 2 headset transparently for talking on the phone.
Visitor
ncssm

I've had a BB8830 for a while (alltel service) and just purchased and TomTom GO730.  I'm not able to get the TT to recognize my phone.  Did you have to do anything special?  I've called tech support 3 times and still no luck.  Thanks for any help you might be able to give.