Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
jashendo

Bluetooth settings

This should be an easy one, but I can't get it to work.

Is there a way to make "bluetooth enabled" the default option on my 8830?  Whenever I "enable" it in Manage Connections, it stays "enabled" for a while, but seems to have reset to "disabled" when I get in the car again. I'd like to leave it enabled -- even if that uses additional battery -- so that it can sync with my car without having to go thru a whole new setup (find devices, etc.) everytime I get in.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Bluetooth settings

Please confirm the following - Go to Bluetooth Options -> click Menu button and select Options -> Discoverable: On.

Now turn on your Bluetooth as long as you want to...

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jashendo

T -

Thanks, but the options are always set to "discoverable: on" (actually, it's a "yes/no"). but it still needs bluetooth "enabled", which is the problem.

Someone told me that it cannot be set so that the default is "enabled", but that seems very odd to me. Hence my question.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Carrier: grameenphone

If I enable my Bluetooth and keep in enabled mode it will be like that untill I myself disable it. Same happened with 8800  and other BlackBerry's too.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jashendo

Yeah, that's what I would have expected. (And that's what has always been the case with other phones that I've had, though this is my first BB).  Maybe I've got a dud.
Please use plain text.