If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
marshaj
My Device: Not Specified

Can't delete text msg from home screen

Even after I've deleted a text message it still shows under "messages" on the home screen.  If I go to "messages" it shows "no messages."  If I go to the text message that still appears, I see it.  No matter how many times I try to delete, it stays and continues to show on the home screen.

Taking out the battery fixes this problem but is really annoying as it's almost every time.  Anything else to try? 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
jrdante
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Can't delete text msg from home screen

Try This:

Options > Security Options > Click on "firewall" > click on menu key > click on reset all counts

Hope this works....

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
philhughes
My Device: 8830

Re: Re: Can't delete text msg from home screen

On your desktop go to "messages." Scroll all the way down thru all the saved calls, emails, text messages,etc., click on all that are yellow (or orange) then click your return arrow. Do this for each one and they'll disappear from your desktop:smileyhappy:
Phil
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Distantuk
My Device: Blackberry 8820

Re: Can't delete text msg from home screen

I've got the same prob with my 8820, unfortunatly so far the battery pull option, is the only fix.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
marshaj
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Re: Can't delete text msg from home screen

Thanks so much but unfortunately I tried that several times and it didn't work.  Wish it were that easy!
Please use plain text.