Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
dmpett
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Can't enter exact numbers

I have 7 units all purchased at the same time and setup the same way (I thought).

3 in TN allow to enter exact gallon info on a specific site.  3 in VA only allow

rounded numbers to be entered on the same site.  Does anyone know of any settings

that could be affecting this.  Incidentally I have a new Curve, am in VA and can enter

the correct info on the same site.  I have already talked with tech support and been

to an ATT store.

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Can't enter exact numbers

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I think it may be the browser settings. If yours works fine, make sure everybody has the exact same settings.

I take it that all devices access the site the same way? Also is there any user rights that are used on the site, that

\could effect entry?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
dmpett

Compared settings for everything I could find.  Is there a way to return to factory settings?
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I thought about this today, see if you agree.

If all the devices can access the site and login with NO problems. The browser settings are not a problem. If all devices can enter data into the appropriate fields, and move around the site with no problems, It's not the browser settings.  There would be nothing in the browser that would prevent a number to be entered incorrectly.

You might have missed my questions about uniform access to the site, I.,e. Does everybody get there the same way?

And is there any rights issues that would come into play on the site? As in user setups, or permissions to parts of the website?

I think the problem is on the website.

Your thoughts?

Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-24-2008 10:58 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
dmpett

Everyone gets in exactly the same.  Same address, exact same password.  Nothing on the site that

would differentiate one unit from another.  All the units travel in the eastern half  of the country.  3 units

can enter an amount as 1222 gallons and the other 3 if entering the same number the site would say they

entered something like 12,220,000 gallons.  Very strange.  I have also talked with the designers of the

site and they are working it but have no idea and think it's the individual units at fault.

Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Try deleting the browser history, cache, and cookies.
New Contributor
dmpett

Actually the problem is solved but I don't know the reason.  If using internet browser

it doesn't work.  If using Cingular browser it does.  Anyone know why?  How can I move

the Cingular browser to the main screen?