Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
pregomeister
My Device: 8700
Accepted Solution

Cannot release PIN

[ Edited ]

A few days ago the IT department at my company handed a BB 8700 over to me from a coworker. On the faceplate it says Cingular. I successfully signed up for a new Enterprise data only plan with AT&T and I am receiving company emails just fine. However, as soon as the device was activated with my new account, I noticed that I was receiving personal emails from the previous user. I immediately contacted AT&T and asked them to remove my coworker's personal emails from my BB. Now the coworker's emails are gone, but I can't register my own personal email address because the PIN is already in use. I contacted AT&T again and they claim that the PIN is registered with Verizon. Here is where I'm hitting brick wall: I can't get anybody to release my PIN! As far as I can tell, this device was never registered with Verizon - AT&T or Cingular have completely incompatible networks, so I don't see how it could have ever worked...

AT&T did try to resolve the issue by contacting Blackberry directly, but their tech support guy said Verizon owns the PIN and they have to release the PIN before I can do anything else. I contacted Verizon and I got nowhere because I am not a Verizon customer. I tried calling AT&T, Blackberry and Verizon 3 times now, hoping for some magic, but to no avail.

What do I do??? Please help if you can!!! Many thanks in advance.

(btw, I'm based in the United States)

Message Edited by pregomeister on 03-26-2009 12:12 AM
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Cannot release PIN

Regardless of the carrier, if they call through to RIM - Blackberry, they can release any pin regardless of who's network it belongs to.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pregomeister
My Device: 8700

It was not easy, but my perseverance paid off. After being bumped up to higher level of tech support 3 times, I was able to talk to someone at RIM who realised what a nonsense this whole Verizon thing was and cleared my PIN. I am a happy camper now.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Glad to hear you got it sorted

:smileyvery-happy:

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sarahmeknas
My Device: 8900 Curve
My Carrier: Movistar

Please oh please do help me and grant me such happiness !

Can you please support me with any mail-addresses, phone numbers you have used to get your issue resolved!
I am having the same problem and edge is not working for me since my BB carrier is Telefonica/Movistar Mexico, but I am settled in Saudi Arabia :smileyfrustrated:

I would really appreciate any RIM contact info you can suggest...

Much thanks in advance,

Sarah Meknas 

Please use plain text.
Visitor
bbbusiness87
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: att, tmobile, verizon

Can you share the information on how and who you talked to to get the pin released

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

bbbusiness87 wrote:

Can you share the information on how and who you talked to to get the pin released

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you notice, this thread is several years old. Nevertheless, the process remains the same...only by escalation, from your Mobile Service Provider up to RIM, can you receive access to the actual people who can do this. Exactly who they are? Well, names certainly won't be given out. But, if your circumstances warrant it, then I'm sure you'll find the right people. Then again, if there is a valid reason that the PIN is locked (e.g., reported as lost or stolen), then it's doubtful your request would be granted. But, only your carrier and/or RIM have access to the "behind the scenes" systems necessary to actually diagnose the reasons and take appropriate action.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.