Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

My Device: 9630 Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Categories/Colors in Calendar

Apologies if this has been asked previously, but doing a search was not successful.  I have a Blackberry 8830 WE.  I wish I had purchased a Blackberry a couple of years ago instead of using a Windows Mobile device.

Has anyone heard whether or not there are any future plans to be able to use categories and colors in the native calendar application?

Ron Bernier

Woonsocket, RI

Ron Bernier

All Replies
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Categories/Colors in Calendar

I'm wondering the same.  I have been using a Palm interface for years and would like to switch to a BB but my absolute favorite part of the Palm interface (and the reason I chose it initially over other PDAs) is the abililty to assign various color coded categories to my calendar. 

I've seen many other people asking this question on other discussion boards and am waiting to find out the answer before I make the switch to BB.  If it is something that is actively being worked on then I would consider buying it now and waiting for this functionality.  But frankly I don't understand why this feature has been overlooked in the calendar when it sounds like it is available in other areas like contacts.