Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Changed Network and Emails Deleting/Not Showing After 24 hours but settings state to stay on device for 30 days

I have just changed network from Vodafone to Gamma Telecom and since then emails on one of the 2 accounts I have set up are auto deleting from the device after 24 hours, however, the odd sent item still shows.................I have checked settings and states to stay on device for 30 days and cannot understand what is happening as never done this before. Have also done a soft and hard reset but still the same. PLEASE HELP.

New Contributor
My Device: 8830
My Carrier: Airtel ZM

Re: Changed Network and Emails Deleting/Not Showing After 24 hours but settings state to stay on device for 30 days

This may be the cause of having low storage space on device memory which be the result of storing media files on the Device memory thus having low memory may force the device to auto-delete old call logs and emails.In fact the more you receive emails while having low memory on device,the more old call logs including new and old emails and messages may be deleted just to free up space for new incoming emails or messages.To free up space yourself deleted or copy media files e.g pics,videos,music etc stored on the device memory to your memory card.You may also run the 'Memory cleaning' app regulary found in security settings.
Highlighted
Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Changed Network and Emails Deleting/Not Showing After 24 hours but settings state to stay on device for 30 days

Hello michellef

Sorry to hear about your issue. 

Have a look at this article which may help you out. 

Email messages are deleted from the BlackBerry smartphone

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!