Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Company blocked all access from outside U.S. /// not getting work email on personal phone (9900)

Recently my company had serious issues with phishing and as a result I'm no longer able to get my work email on my personal phone which is the 9900.  The response from one of our DIS Support folks was "All access outside of the US is being blocked and all Blackberry traffic goes through Canada so that's why you stopped getting our email on your phone. POP/IMAP connections are disabled across the board here."   He did go on to say that he thought the new BB 10 devices with Activesync would work.  However, I really don't want to upgrade until the new Q20 is released due to the form factor of the Q10 device versus what they are saying the Q20 will be.

Any suggestions or thoughts of things to try?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Company blocked all access from outside U.S. /// not getting work email on personal phone (9900)

There's nothing that can be done on your 9900 if they've blocked all access like that. He's right...all BlackBerry email traffic goes through Canada so if they blocked it there's nothing you can do.

Seems like they could get with BlackBerry and find out which access to allow for BlackBerry email.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get 15% off a new BlackBerry device from ShopBlackberry! Use discount code vj7wgxj9w (Limited time only!!!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Company blocked all access from outside U.S. /// not getting work email on personal phone (9900)

Do you happen to know if the email would go through Canada when using Activesync via one of the new 10 devices?   He is stating that those devices using Activesync are working.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It shouldn't. There is no BlackBerry data plan required and BlackBerry services are not required for BB10 email. It's the same as any other mobile device.
Get 15% off a new BlackBerry device from ShopBlackberry! Use discount code vj7wgxj9w (Limited time only!!!)
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!