Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
Springtime
My Device: Not Specified

Deleting emails from Gmail does not delete them from BB

HI,

Just bought a brand new BB 8830 World Edition and using Gmail. Deleting emails from the BB works just fine and Gmail is being updated. But deleting emails from Gmail does not delete the corresponding email from the BB.

On the BB, there is an option "Mailbox and Handheld" that works just fine but there is no such thing on the Gmail options.

Is this a bug or a normal way of doing things? It would be quite abnormal to having to manually delete your emails on the BB that have already been deleted on Gmail; it's just deleting twice the same email.

I would be grateful to anyone who can provide an answer.

Regards.

Springtime.

Please use plain text.
Developer
millju4
My Device: Blackberry 8330

Re: Deleting emails from Gmail does not delete them from BB

Springtime,

I would want to first say that the server interaction between Blackberry and Gmail is one way.  When a service book retieves the message (email) from the Gmail server, it is saved to the device.  When you reconcile a message (email) from the phone, it will send a notification back to Gmail indicating to remove the email.  BUT, being that a copy was already delivered to your phone,...when you delete the email (on Gmail website), Gmail does not reconcile with your phone because it does not have a setting to do so....in other words, you didnt tell gmail to dend back a 'reconcile' to blackberry.  

Hope that clears it up!  :smileyhappy:

If I successfully help you with an issue, thank you for clicking "kudos" in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Springtime

Hi millju4,

Thank you for taking the time to answer me. I understand that the Gmail system does not send a command to delete the email from the BB. It just sounds weird to me because: first, when you set up an integrated email account on the BB, they ask you whether or not you want the deleted messages from the integrated email account to be reconcilied with the BB (yes or no) and second, it's weird that Google did not program this feature as Yahoo did it.

Anyway, thanks for your time.

Springtime.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

You can delete mails from your handheld as well as from Gmail server which I guess solve the issue for you. To be able to do so check the following options -

1. Messages
  2. Options
  3. Email Reconciliation
  4. Deelete On: Mailbox & handheld

In place of Mailbox & handheld you also select Deelete On: Prompt. This is will give prompt wheneve you'll delete any mail and give you options what to do.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
luismi142

has Google still not fixed this issue? as in  if I delete an email on my gmail server (or using MacMail or Entourage) it not being deleted on my BB?

Please use plain text.
nickp1
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: Etisalat

I want to be able to clean up my email from the web or blackberry,  this really is a pain.  Have an iphone and this works perfectly.  Surely it cant be that difficult.  maybe the answer is a local app

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
diabeartes
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue, and have set the options on my Bold 9790 to Delete on Mailbox and Handheld, yet when I delete from Gmail, the emails are not deleted from the device.  Even if I click Reconcile Now, nothing happens on the device.  Any further ideas?  BTW I'm on BES, not BIS, in case that makes a difference.  Also, if my memory serves me correctly, this was working at some point in the not-too-distant past.  Thank you!

Please use plain text.