Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Contributor
ironmanlife
My Device: Not Specified

Desperate for Bluetooth help

After 5 hours on the phone with 3 Verizon folks and 4 RIM tech support people, I'm at my wits end.  Nobody seems to be able to help me.  Hopefully there is somebody here that can give me a good answer...

I just got a replacement 8830 since my last one broke.  Bluetooth works, but I can't sync via bluetooth.  Here's the problem:  when i go to Options >> Bluetooth >> Bluetooth Options, i see that under "Services" the thing that is missing is "Desktop Connectivity".

I need to add "Desktop Connectivity" to my Bluetooth services.

I've wiped and reinstalled the hardware.  I've done hard reset, soft reset and every other type of reset possible.  My bluetooth works on both computer and device - they just aren't connecting.  I'm missing "Desktop Connectivity" in the Bluetooth services and am willing to give up my first born if somebody can help me solve this problem.

How can I add Desktop Connectivity to my Bluetooth services?

Desperately needing help,

IronmanLife

Contributor
ironmanlife
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Desperate for Bluetooth help

Quick update, if anybody cares or if anybody is trying to add "Desktop Connectivity" to their bluetooth services in the future.  Bottom line, it can't be done (at least not by the common person, like me).

Don't bother calling Verizon or RIM for help, they don't know and you'll bang your head against the wall.  

I called Asurion (bberry insurance company).  They knew exactly what I was talking about immediately and, in a short 5 minute call, they decided to send me a new bberry free of charge.

Situation resolved.

Developer
millju4
My Device: Blackberry 8330

Re: Desperate for Bluetooth help

In addition...

Asurion is a cell phone insurance company for wireless providers such as VZW, Sprint or AT&T... and the previously stated information is correct about desktop connectivity thru bluetooth....It cannot be done.  The option is disabled, however, getting a 'certified like-new replacement'  from Asurion is def not a recommendation.  Regardless of the device replaced, the phone will be flashed with VZW software and thus, disabled.  

Hope that helps!

If I successfully help you with an issue, thank you for clicking "kudos" in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you! :smileyhappy: