Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
SMaurer
My Device: Not Specified

E-Mail Setup

Hi, I have a BB 8800 and cannot setup my private e-mail. I believe it is because my BB was equipped with an option to connect with my former companies Enterprise E-Mail Server. Is there any way that I can set up my BB 8800  to connect to my proivate e-mail account instead? Do I have to change the Operating System on my BB?  How do I do that? ......I need HELP!!! 

Many thanks to all who take the time to help me.  :smileyhappy:Stefan (from Germany)

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: E-Mail Setup

[ Edited ]

Hi,

The first step is to make sure your former company has removed all IT policies off the device that would prevent you from

setting up your personal email.

Then compete the following:

Changing from BES to BIS :

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03179&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Setup BIS service:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03087&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Let me know if your need additional information

Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-07-2008 09:16 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
oleleho

Hi Bifocals,

I have same problem. I followed your instructions and I managed to do the first one, i.e. changing from BES to BIS, but had no success for the second one, i.e. Setting up BIS. This is because using the smartphone there is no option (as yet) to click "E-mail Settings" while doing setup from computer found some complication. My service provider (Fido) was not in the list so I used At&T, as it was the original provider (Cingular). I managed to create accounts but nothing happened in my device (mobile). How would I proceed?

Thank you. 

New Contributor
oleleho

Was your problem solved?
New Contributor
SMaurer

OK - I followed the instructions but I did not have CMINE nor CICAL entries under service books on my 8800 smartphone.

Therefore I could not delete these. Meanwhile I deleted the entire Blackberry Desktop Software from my PC and downloaded the latetst and greatest Blackberry Desktop V4.6 from the Blackberry website. Unfortunately now I get a new different error message in that this new desktop installation cannot find the RIM 950, RIM 957, RIM 850 or RIM 857 .msi installation poackages. I don't know which one of these I really need for my 8800 nor where I can find these. My 8800 device itself says it's onWireless Handheld (EDGE) V 4.2.1.7.3 plattform but I still cannoit configure my e-mails on the desktop software....still need help:smileyindifferent:

New Contributor
oleleho

I guess now we are in the same boat.

Help!!!

Mr Bifocals, any comments?