Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Contributor
Anita
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

ERROR 507

OMG...I recently purchased the BB 8310 and I upgraded the software to 4.7 and it wiped my phone clean.I have no app installed on my phone at this time. I have been reading other posts and have not found out how to reinstalle app on my BB. There is an circle, and inside the circle it has a box with a smaller circle,a square, and a triangle inside the box with a slash going through the box(i figure this means that no application is installed on this device)? Anyway, underneath the circle there is a number(507). Can you please help me with this?PLEASE.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vdl68
My Device: 8820, Curve

Re: ERROR 507

For one thing, there is no 4.7 firmware for the 8310...there is a Desktop Manager 4.7...

A 507 error mean there is no firmware on the phone, you just have to go to here :

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do

get the 4.5 and Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It is located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Apploader then use the Loader.exe to flash your phone.

Make sure you find any vendor.xml on your computer and get rid of it, cause it will not let you flash any other firmware from a differnce carrier.

Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Check this link: Blackberry OS FAQ

There are instructions how to install Blackberry OS on your device, and there are links to download the necessary software.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Anita

I have loaded the 4.5 software. I don't know what to do next, what is the loader that will flash my phone...I am completely new to the blackberry???
Please use plain text.
Developer

[ Edited ]

Download the most recent version of Blackberry Desktop Manager Software from here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/

Install it.

Connect your device to the computer.

Run the Blackberry Desktop Manager and click on "Check for updates" on its window (at the left bottom corner).

It will check for your device os updates and update your device os.

It will take time for updating process.

Message Edited by tbilisoft on 04-01-2009 10:11 PM
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vdl68

The Loader.exe is in this folder :\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader, anyhow just use Desktop Manager to check for update and do it there, just to make it simple.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Anita

how will I know that it is being downloaded to my device and not to my computer.Will there be a prompt for me to let me know when to plug in my device. I have my device plugged into the usb drive right now and the screen still has the 507 error with the symbols with a clear screen.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vdl68

Read this :

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry

But if you connect your phone to the computer and it see your phone, disregard Step 3. Also leave in your battery... If this intruction does not help you, then my advise to you is start learning how!!... you can't brick a blackberry or make the matter any worst as it is.

Please use plain text.
Developer

Check the link mentioned in previous post.

There is good instruction for you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Anita

i know that I don't know much about the BB. The problem that I am having is when it prompt me for a PIN(which has a drop down arrow)nothing is available to choose, then it prompt me for a password that I have not set up. All of this is in the application loader when I hit start.
Please use plain text.