Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

mcashwell
My Device: 8820
My Carrier: T-Mobile (but its an unlocked device/SIM

Encoding configuration for signed and encrypted emails

I have a 8820 device (no BES server)  - I have certificates downloaded and trust on the device.  I can attach the requisite certificates to the message, but I do not have the option to select signing or encrypting encoding.  the menu does not give me this option.  I have the S/MIME package installed.  Any thoughts / pointers?

Please use plain text.
Developer
martijnbrinkers
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Encoding configuration for signed and encrypted emails

The S/MIME support package is only supported with a BES. You might try Djigzo for BlackBerry. Djigzo for BlackBerry is an add-on to the Djigzo Email Encryption Gateway which can be used to send and receive S/MIME digitally signed and encrypted email from a BlackBerry smartphone. An installation of the Djigzo gateway is required.

Djigzo for BlackBerry and the Djigzo gateway is open source and can be freely used.

For more information see www.djigzo.com

--
Djigzo open source email encryption

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
powellbj

Hi! This is interesting. I need to decrypt encrypted emails on my 8820 for work purposes - am on an enterprise server. Can you tell me how I go about it please? Cant find any other documentation that might help me ... Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
martijnbrinkers

If you are on an enterprise server (I assume you mean BES) you can use the S/MIME support package from RIM. Are are you not on BES?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ujhene
My Device: curve - 8520
My Carrier: etisalat

Greetings!
Can you help me in finding a solution on how to encrypt email for blackberry Q10 or Z10 with OS 10.

I had check your page, and the documentation you had provided is for OS from 4.5 to 7. The OS is 10.

Hoping for your response.

Please use plain text.