Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Sandra70
My Device: 8800

Forgot Smartphone password

My company provided me with a business bb I used for years; its a bb 8800. I left my company in June 2013 and they said, that I can keep the bb. I was abroad the last 3 months and didnt take my bb along. When I returned two weeks ago, I have forgotten my password for the smartshone but I know my smartcard pin (contract with vodafone). the contract with the provider is still on and my tel. number is working so pthere are sms and phonecalls on the smartphone and of course contact datas. My company has cancelled my email account with them so the synchronisation of emails is nothing I am interested anymore. But I am interested to see the sms and phonecalls during my absence of the last 3 months. And of course the contacts. I asked vodafone if they can restore the phonecalls, sms and contactlist,as I have the pin number. but they refered me to bb, because they are safed on the smartphone...so here I am. I  have one attempt left for the smartphone password, they tell me if I fail again, Iwill lose all data. not nice...Can someone help me? I am a lawyer and I fear that there is maybe a businessrelaed callsafed on the phone, that I miss for one of my cases; that maybe could cause a liabaility problem. I havent cancelled the contract with vodafone yet before I could solve this problem...

can somebody help me? thats very important for me.

thanks

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,931
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Forgot Smartphone password

No, the password is your security and no one here knows your password and there is no "back door" to get to the information or the point of having the password would be a joke.

Sorry, you just simply must get the password correct, and if not on the 10th attempt all personal data, records, calls, messages, etc., will be wiped.

Did you have BlackBerry Protect installed to the device? If so you may be able to get a data restore to the device.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.