Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
stevenmanzoni
My Device: 9320

Gets so slow that I have to pull the battery every single day!

I have had this issue from day 1 and is driving me crazy. Have to pull out the battery every single day just to be able to free the memory and so that it can run at a descent speed.

After taking out the battery, putting it back again and then switching the phone back on I will have a look in the application storage memory which will start at about 120mb. Over the next few minutes or hours the storage memory will get less and less till is sit with about 0 - 20 mb of storage memory. The device will then stop responding then eventually just hanging until I pull the battery then need to follow the process all over again.

I have up[dated the firmware and restored the phone back to defaults several times with no luck.

I do not install software on this phone. The only apps I install is watchstrap, twitter and Thelma navigator.

I have a 2gig memory card in the phone a swell.

I got to stop myself from throwing this piece of junk against the wall. Cannot wait for my contract to end so I can go for Samsung or android!! Unfortunately I got to wait still over a year. SO FRUSTRATING!!!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Gets so slow that I have to pull the battery every single day!

I would recommend installing one more app: BlackBerry Virtual Expert. This app will allow you to investigate what is eating up your memory.

You can search BlackBerry World for 'BBVE' to find it.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stevenmanzoni

Hi and thank you for the advice.

I have installed the Blackberry Virtual Expert but does not have an option to see whats eating my memory. The only optioins it gives me is to do  Display tests, Keypad tests, Audio tests and choose test, So i don;t think this software is going help me :smileysad: A few minutes my Application storage was sitting on 0.00MB and slowing dow and thinking now my memory has gone back up to 16.3MB then back up to 33.7MB.  Its my lucky day but will have to do a battery pull probably laer again.  Just to confirm all the software installed is..

• Telmap navigtor
  • Screen Grabber
  • Whatsup app
  • Facebook app
  • Twitter
  • Blackberry Virtual Expert. 

I think what i have to maybe do is to do another factory reset on the phone and install nothing on it. Monitor for a few days and then install one application. Monitor for a few days and so on. It's all i can think of. Thank you for the help anyways

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stevenmanzoni

Hi

I had not as advised. 

I downloaded and installed the latest version of the blackberry software. I backed up my phone but when i run the update it tells me that there is no Blackberry device software updates available. 

If i go to version on my phone is says that i'm running v7.1.0.714, platform 9.32.0.143.

Im just going to do a factory recovery and then install only the facebook app, twitter app and whatsapp, monitor just with those apps and see if it does the same thing.

Just want to confirm. Under the storage option on the phone do you suggest that i select the "Enable Compression" and "Media Card Support" Option?

I will keep you in informed in the next day or 2 on the income. 

Thank you again for your interest and willingness to want to help me. Wants i am happy with the way my phone runs which i don't think will ever be then i will thank you and the team on social media like twitter and facebook :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.