Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

rodrigoevaldo
My Device: Not Specified

Gps in BlackBerry 8820 not Work!

Hi I have a BlackBerry model 8820.
I would like to use a GPS navigation software. I tried the official Blackberry software and WAP was informed that my device is incompatible.
I tried Google Maps mobile, get the error message, to access the http://www.google.com/mobile/gmm/configure.html not have the Blackberry devices.
I tried the freeware Mgmaps, does the program put the maps offline, the software can not get the GPS coordinates via GPS device internal, to a Bluetooth GPS works perfectly.
Tested WeTravel, same problem.
I would like to receive support for this solution, I do not agree to buy a device with the GPS function and there is no compatible software!

I prefer to be compensated, because for me it is failure of marketing.

Thanks,
Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Gps in BlackBerry 8820 not Work!

[ Edited ]

Hello rodrigoevaldo and welcome to the forums!

Who is your service provider for this 8820?

Did you purchase the device from the service this service provider?

Have you tried using BlackBerry maps? Once in BB maps you will need to hit menu and then Start GPS navagation.

Once we have more info we can look into seeing what is going on.

Message Edited by SmoothRider on 08-31-2009 05:41 PM

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

epersson
My Device: 8820

I have a brand new 8820 on AT&T with BES and under Options /advanced/GPS I cannot select the GPS source to the internal GPS device. There is no Device_GPS, I can set it to None or the Bluetooth Holux I paired with as a test. Location is set to ON. I loaded AT&T maps and the GPS Source only displays BT no other option. How can i enable the internal GPS device?

Tiou
My Device: BlackBerry 8820

Software issues with my BB 8820

I have a B 8820

Recently I realized that it has some problems.I Really don't know that the problem is but I ran some test.

First, tested the battery and reinstall the OS and the problem is still there.

The thing is it restarts, then it functions well for about a min, then it gets a white screen, then it comes back on for a next 2 or so min, then it goes back to the white scree.

Say I am texting, it would just shut down and I would loose whatever I am doing. It functions prefectly when it is connected to my computer but it cannot stand on its own.

Please somebody, do not direct me to the 101 lecture because I tried that a number of times and I am even doing it as we speak.

I really love my BB and I need it to function back again. I need to get studying, it is of paramount importance, please.

Help me , help me. I am beggign you.

Visitor
zubairu
My Device: 8820

I can't send message from my blackberry 8820 for the past 3 weeks now.