Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB 8700g
Accepted Solution

HELP!!!! My BB 8700g has gone haywire!!

I downloaded a theme off the browser and now my bb turns on, shows the busy signal, signal turns around twice, and the turns off again. I tried taking out the battery and doing a hard reset, but it is not working. HELP!!! PLEASE!!!! Does this thing have a reset button???
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8320, 8120

Re: HELP!!!! My BB 8700g has gone haywire!!

Hi joa2500

An application load should fix you up. To do it, you will need a windows PC, the BlackBerry Desktop Software and the device software from your carrier (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile you can try to google the others or ask your carrier).

To perform an application load you do the following(Don't plug in the BlackBerry yet):

• Go to control panel, system, hardware tab, device manager
  • Expand universal serial bus controllers
  • For each USB Root hub you see - double click it, click the power management tab and clear the checkmark in "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
  • Close Device Manager & Control Panel
  • Install the BlackBerry Desktop Software
  • Install the device software
  • Start the Desktop Software and plug in the BlackBerry
  • Go into Application Loader
  • Follow the wizard until the end, be sure to look over the Device application selection screen as it is a good time to remove applications you don't use.
  • When you get to the end of the wizard, click advanced and ensure that erase all applications is checked(If it's greyed out, that's ok)
  • Choose whether you want to back up your device before the application load (sometimes there is no choice here, the data is lost)
  • Click finish to start the application loader and wait until it finishes.

More information available here.

Cheers!

New Contributor
My Device: BB 8700g

Thank you SSSSOOOOO MUCH!!!!! You are a god send. I was so worried I would have to go and buy another phone. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the best.

Gina

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Bolder,

I had the same problem as joa2500.  One morning my BB was in the same state.  So I followed your directions - downloaded the desktop software the the Verizon software for my BB8703e and ran the uploader.  My BB appears to disconnect and reconnect during the upload process then I get the following error message

'Unable to reconnect to device during a multi-stage load operation."

The only Forum reference I could find referred to possible power issues.  I have disconnected all other USB devices and even changed to another port.  I have cleared the checkmark in "allow the computer to turn off this device..."

Have you seen this before??

Thanks - Melissa