Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

jrlandry56
My Device: Not Specified

Help! Ring Tune Voleme

Ihave an 8830 World Edition. Any ringer tune I try is too soft. I have the volume set to 100% and my profile volume on high. They play loud when I preview them, but not when the phone rings.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
jrdante
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: Help! Ring Tune Voleme

Check for the latest software for your device....I remember a post stating that it corrects this well known problem for the 8800 series phone.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
7horn
My Device: Alltel 8830

Re: Help! Ring Tune Voleme

This has continued to be an issue with the 8800 series devices even into OS 4.5.0.51 which is the latest beta release out, if you can find it.

Here is the problem, the device has 2 small speakers inside it. When you preview the tone in the media player it plays on both speakers, but when the device actually uses the tone as a ringer it only plays on one speaker, see the problem?

At the moment there is only one decent workaround, and that is make your own ringtones and boost the gain on them. Honestly you have the best smartphone in the world in your hand, customize it, make that little gem your own.

The best app that I have found for doing this is FREE (my favorite price)and can be found here.

There is only two reasons to ever get into this field either as a hobby or a career, frustration and fascination. Unfortunately no matter which one has led you here today, I guarantee it will eventully lead to the other.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
If the women don't find you handsome, and I'm quessing they don't, they should at least find you handy.
Please use plain text.