Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Visitor
rktate
My Device: Not Specified

I don't want to lose all my data...Can someone walk me through???

OK, so I got the 8800 (actually 8820) about November of 2007.Love it!! Wish it had a camera but not bothered.  For over the last year and 5 months I've stored everyone's birthday, addresses, cell, home, work, email, notes, etc and it's so great.  I got stuff on my calendar for next April.

I just got an Acer laptop with Office 2007 and Outlook, Contacts, Calendar.  I've never been a "syncher" and right now I'm taking baby-steps, but I've got a PC 100 miles away, a laptop at home and my BB everywhere. The very FIRST and easiest thing I want to do is simply put all my addresses, birthdays, phone numbers I've gathered over 15 months and put them on my laptop in Outlook 2007.  I've downloaded a DesktopManager and I just need to know that it won't wipe it clear.  Everything I read is from PC-BB very little from BB-PC. 

I lost 2000 songs on an iphod because I hit synch and it synched alright with nothing!  I've got 150 contacts on my BB and 15 on my new Acer, but I know there's a way to put them all on there.  

If this has been addressed post a link or walk me through ez style then will get to the other PC, transfering via Bluetooth, how to work apps on a PC.....this is just step one.

great phone just have to feel "safe".  Thank you all!!

Kyle 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: I don't want to lose all my data...Can someone walk me through???

I can provide the steps with pictures, i can imagine you have a new version of Blackberry Desktop Manager ( only have different interface, but the procedure is the same)

• Be sure you have the BlackBerry Desktop Software installed on your desktop computer already.
  • Start the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  • Connect your BlackBerry with your computer via USB.
  • Click on Synchronize.

BlackBerry Desktop Manager
  • Activate the Synchronize organizer data checkbox.

BlackBerry Synchronize
  • Click on the Configuration tab and click on the Configure synch… button.

BlackBerry Synchronize Configuration
  • Select all data checkboxes you want your BlackBerry being synchronized to.

BlackBerry Device Configuration
  • By selecting the data you have to select the program that stores your data on your desktop computer. As I am using Outlook from Microsoft I have selected this program. But you can select another one as well. It just depends on the program you are running.
  • That’s it. Now go back and you can select the Synchronize now button at the synchronize dialog.

BlackBerry Synchronize Now
  • If you want your BlackBerry being synchronized every time you connect it to your desktop computer you better selectSynchronize the items selected above… checkbox.

BlackBerry Automatic Synchronization
  • --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
    If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
    Please use plain text.