01-28-2014 04:49 AM
I have update my BlackBerry 8830 world edition, after updation is complete, some applications like browser, maps and other applications are removed. i have set my menu to show all but these apps are also not shown in hidden. but when i see in applications these apps are there but not coming in my menu, how im gonna use these apps now? please reply.
01-28-2014 05:03 AM
Try to find the missing softwares from the BB world. IF not , If you have BB desktop manager then take the Backup and then re-install the device OS and then restore the data back into it.
01-28-2014 10:44 PM
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.
2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.
6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:
If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!
01-29-2014 12:14 PM