Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

New Contributor
JeffLapa

I'm having an issue with my 7130c

Hi, I'm new here so im not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but I recently bought a 7130c and I'm having trouble getting it to work properly. When i insert the battery that came with it the led blinks once then the screen shows a battery icon with a line through it. It also wont turn off when i press the power button. I've tried plugging it into the wall both with and without the battery in place as well as charging it over night, I've also let the battery run completely empty then charging it. Nothing seems to make any difference, the screen will only show the battery icon. My question is, is this purely an issue with the supplied battery or is the phone itself also playing a part?

I've also tried connecting the phone to my PC, which seems to register that its there (again the screen on the phone does not change) but when i try to update the software it only makes it as far as "reconnecting to JVM" at which point i recieve an error message saying "unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation".

Is there anything  i can do to remedy my problems?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,747
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: I'm having an issue with my 7130c

For the battery: leave it in the BB and charging for several hours. After 3-4 hours, with it still plugged in, remove the battery and reinsert it, and see if it boots up. If so, leave it charging to 100%, look at Options > Status for the charge percentage.

On the PC, load Desktop Manager, I would recommend version 4.2 Service Pack 2 for your BB, get the one withOUT the media manager software.

Download Desktop Manager from here:
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

THEN, make certain you are connected to the USB port on the rear of the PC, not a USB hub, not a monitor port or a front PC port.

And try connecting with the PC again.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JeffLapa

Well I tried what you suggested and so far i've had no luck. Is there anything else I can try?

Also thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Which did you try? All the suggestions? Did you load Desktop Manager to the PC?

Another wall outlet perhaps, or a fresh battery. 

Was the device purchased new?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JeffLapa

It was purchased new. I tried everything you suggested, except for trying a fresh battery as i want to hold off buying one incase theres a problem with the device as a whole and i have to return it.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

If it was purchased new, go back to the retailer (the carrier?) and get a fresh battery, or exchange the device.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.