Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

Developer
BeDoell
My Device: Rogers 9000
Accepted Solution

Incoming message

I'm new with 8820,

Just wonder if there is a way to organizing all the incoming message; sms, email etc?

I notice that all the incoming is store in the message item, is there a way to move to another folder or create each type of message to new folder in Memory card?

All my call records also coming into this message box, so its hard if you have many messages and call record in one box.

Your help on the above is appreciated 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Incoming message

Definately you can! Follow the below procedure which will give you separate folder for your SMS and email messages -

Go to Messages -> Options -> General Options -> SMS and Email Inboxes: Separate

By design in BlackBerry all the email messages will come to a Messages folder along with separate folder created with differentmail IDs. Reading mails in individual folder will make the same email as read in messages folder. Saving emails in memory card is not possible. But with device OS 4.5 and BIS 2.5 attachment downloading in memory card will be possible sometime later.  

About call logs, you can change the setting so that this do not appear in your messages folder.Go to Call Log -> Options -> Call Logging -> select None

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Developer
BeDoell
My Device: Rogers 9000

Tanzim,

Hoolaaaaaaaaaa, Its working now

Thanks for the help

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BKPhotos
My Device: Not Specified

tanzim,

Thank you!!! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cueball

[ Edited ]

I tried that on another forum.  They said it would work with my BB Curve 8310 which, btw, has the same options as you pointed out.  It didn't work and this was my reply.  I did that and saved it. Now, instead of having both email and texts in the messages folder, I only have emails in the messages folder. Not even sure where my texts went to. 

NEVERMIND, FOUND MY ANSWER ON THIS FORUM:  THANKS!!

Go to applications>highlight the folder that says SMS and MMS and press Menu> Move> then scroll to the up icon and click.

this places the folder on your desktop and you can move it wherever you want from there. (also allows you to make one of the convenience keys your text message folder)

Message Edited by cueball on 09-05-2008 07:18 PM
Message Edited by cueball on 09-05-2008 07:25 PM
Message Edited by cueball on 09-05-2008 07:25 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
foxykc

Sent SMSes and emails

Hi Tanzim,

I just set up separate folders for my SMSes and emails.  Thanks for the info.

Now I'm wondering if it's possible to have different options for my sent items for each.  Specifically, I would like to save my sent SMSes, but not my sent emails.

I see how to change this option (Options --> General Options--> Hide Sent Messages), but it seems like changing it once changes it for both SMS and email.  Is it possible to have multiple options?

Thanks! 

Please use plain text.
jwiseman

Incoming message - different folders / icons

OK - I got how to make a seperate folder for SMS & Email from Tanzim's suggestion below. Now I want to create a seperate folder for the different E-mail accounts I have. I have my both my corporate e-mail and a GMail acct on my BB.

I initially had just corporate e-mail. Then when I added the GMail acct, it created a new folder / icon on my desktop. I want a seperate icon that shows just my corporate e-mail inbox. If I go to Messages, hit menu, there is a View Folder option. From here I can select the different e-mail inbox that shows just my corporate e-mails. How do I make an icon for this on my desktop?

Please use plain text.
Ninjitsu

I have my sms/ mms seperated from my email.  My emails go into two boxs, one marked messgaes and one marked with my email address.  I know it is supposed to do this but how do i turn off the alert to the message folder as you cannot reply to these emails and i dont need to be told twice that I have it!!!   It has got to be the most irritating feature I have ever come accross.

Please please help me.....I have a 8220 flip

Please use plain text.