Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Message - "Enter Blackberry to continue" ........ Help please with 7100V

I am trying to use my dads blackberry 7100v / vodaphone.

He forgot his password and stopped using it.

Now it doesnt ask for the password.

I have put my SIM in from my vodaphone.

It receives incoming calls - to my SIM  / mobile number.

IT WILL NOT LET ME DO ANYTHING ELSE - it keeps asking ... "Enter Blackberry to continue"

I keep entering what it wants ... it keeps asking me to enter it.   PLEASE HELP!!!!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Message - "Enter Blackberry to continue" ........ Help please with 7100V

be careful with that one.  I was trying to remember a password and it asked me that.  After 3 times it wiped my phone.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

If you don't know the password, you will need to enter it in wrong anyway.

Theres nothing you can do, its a security feature of the device.

Once you put it in wrong so many times, it will wipe the device (all info stored will be lost)

But your sim card will be fine.

If its just asking for the word 'blackberry' then you will need to take the battery out while the device is SWITCHED ON!!!!!

I'll repeat, while the phone is one, take the battery out...

Once reloaded, it should starting wiping once u put wrong password in again.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Edicion

hi....I have blackberry curve 8520

And is bloked too...I try..I remove the battery while the BB was on ...

when the BB turned on again, I enter my password and even tells me "enter blackberry to continue"

Help me...thank u =)

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: virgin

Hello Smiley Happy

the same happened to me last night - but i was looking for solutions online and it said once you have entered the word blackberry enter your 4 number pincode, it will probably say its wrong the first two times then it will change into letters and people usually give up when it does that but jut enter your 4 number pin code again even thoguh it appears as letters and enter that and it worked for me Smiley Happy

so try your pin twice - it might not work - when it changes to letters then eneter you pin again (so if your pin was 1234 you would enter wers and pree the trackball/pad and it should let you in - sorry if it doesnt work but itg worked for me <3

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: globe

Hi people,

Im using 8520 and I had the same problem, it was asking me to ENTER BLACKBERRY..I was sure that I entered correct password 6x!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I took off the battery and still it asked me the same!!!!!!!! I tried my password and just type blackberry, still neither of those two attempts were successful!

Again, I took off the battery for about 15 seconds, I also took off my memory card just incase it wipes off everything atleast I'd save everything on my memory card..I turned it on, I typed blackberry...and it worked! it then asked for my password...i put my password..it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whewww pls people back up all of your files for future incidents!

Highlighted
My Device: 7230
My Carrier: Speakout

Happened to me today, have an old 7230. As I hadn't carried out a backup for a few months (I don't do anything fancy with it). It let me link to computer, asked for password and carried out a backup, backed up OK. And then it allowed me to type in my password on my 7230 without any problem. Cause that may not work for other models, so it's just something to try for others who have this problem.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

Please Help Me! "Enter Blackberry to continue" My 8530 Is Locked.

Hi, I'm hopeing someone knowledged about my issue can help me, I would be so thankful! My blackberry curve 8530 is locked but I know my 4 digit number password, I have it set to lock after a certain time period...I don't know how it came about but more then likely has to do with someone entering my password wrong but my bb is at the point of where it says---> Enter ''blackberry to continue: and after you enter the word blackberry it will say---> Last Attempt! Information will be erased on failure! Ok, hit ok and then it says Enter Password (Final Attempt):  I am scared to enter my 4 digit password because it shows it as (letters) that I can see and I don't know if I should press (alt) before entering my 4 digit pin number to have it appear as (numbers) or should I just enter it as letters? So if my pin was (1234) it would show as (wers) on the screen, is that right? I really don't want to make a mistake and have the security wipe start and erase all of my hundreds of precious pictures I could never replace that unfortunately are not saved to my memory card or backed up to a computerSmiley Sad it would truly be devastating. Please someone help me, I would really appreciate it alot. Thank you so much, Mandy 

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Please Help Me! "Enter Blackberry to continue" My 8530 Is Locked.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Only you know the correct way to enter your password. As you have surmised, the keys you press may or may not match the characters that need to be entered given key modifiers. This is why it is so important, when creating the password, to know exactly what it is and not just the keys to press. Sadly, there is no way to really help given that this is your last attempt. I have only one guess. Stop now. Leave the power on. Remove your battery. Wait for a minute or so. Insert the battery and allow your BB to fully boot up...don't do anything for at least 5 minutes...maybe 10 or 15. You want to be absolutely certain that all startup tasks are complete before you make your next password entry attempt. It will still be your last attempt, but hopefully your BB will be back into a fresh boot condition and allow you to enter your password as you normally would.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Please Help Me! "Enter Blackberry to continue" My 8530 Is Locked.

A follow up to my blackberry being locked issue. Thanks to the wonderful blackberry forum I was able to find two other post by people that encountered the same exact issue I had and I did exactly as they said they did to unlock there blackberry and it worked. If you ever encounter forgetting you're device password or you know you have entered it right and then after entering it wrong so many x amount of times you're out of you're 10 tries, you're blackberry will then request you to enter the word blackberry to continue... just enter that word and then it will tell you... last attempt to enter password which it will be displaying your 4 digit device password as letters you will see shown on the screen so if you're password was 4478 you should enter 4478 but it will appear as sszx on the screen/the letters associated with the numbers of you're password, its correct that way so just hit ok which is enter and it will unlock you're phone. I suppose this wont make much sense to all but for those who encounter the same problem that I did and read this I'm sure they'll know exactly what I'm talking about. I have now backed up all my important data and pic's to a computer and have even disabled my device lock to ensure I wont go through that ordeal again anytime soon. Thank you to the person who replied to my post with advise on my issue, I truly do appreciate it.  Mandy,