Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Other BlackBerry® Smartphones

My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: Tigo

Re: Please Help Me! "Enter Blackberry to continue" My 8530 Is Locked.

Hellow Mandy and others,
Thanks to you. my blackberry 8520 curve had the same problem of unlocking.
I used your advice and its now work.
"Just enter your password though it appear as words"
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Maxis

I read the solution but just to make it simpler and easier to understand, after the "type blackberry" instruction, type in the password and it will not be in a numerical form but in an alphabet form..for example, if your password is 5050, it would be in this form D0D0. 

So..dont be panic when your password turns into alphabetical forms.

Cheers. 

My Device: 8300
My Carrier: Sprint

[ Edited ]

Could you please share your findings?  I am having the exact same issue and would appriciate very much if you could send an email directly to my e mail account

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Hello All,

Just wanted to know if this would work against me:

I LOST my blackberry 8530 and am worried that a solution like this would allow the person to access my blackberry.  Of course they do NOT know my PIN but would following this desktop software and entering blackberry somehow show my password to the person if they tried this?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

ceoofkfc wrote:

Hello All,

Just wanted to know if this would work against me:

I LOST my blackberry 8530 and am worried that a solution like this would allow the person to access my blackberry.  Of course they do NOT know my PIN but would following this desktop software and entering blackberry somehow show my password to the person if they tried this?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If I understand you correctly, the answer is no. A BB will NEVER display the password, except as part of the human entering it. The thing that is going on above is that someone is entering an incorrect password too many times...which causes a security violation on the BB, which then wipes itself clean of all personal information and data. If you have properly secured your BB with a device lock password, then no one can access your data...all they can do is wipe it clean and attempt to use it (it will be like a brand new device, no data, no services, etc.). If you report it as lost to your carrier, they can block the device PIN from ever being usable for BB-level services on any carrier.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Visitor
My Device: 8520 gemini post
My Carrier: Comcel

How did you do it?
My Device: Blackberry style
My Carrier: Sprint

[ Edited ]

OMG! Thank You to you and everyone else that said to try this. I was so tense when I enter the password for the last time, thinking it would delete all my info. It worked perfectly!!!!!! You are a lifesaver.  It took guts to try it though. I did take my chip out though, just in case. LOL

Original message I read was:

I read the solution but just to make it simpler and easier to understand, after the "type blackberry" instruction, type in the password and it will not be in a numerical form but in an alphabet form..for example, if your password is 5050, it would be in this form D0D0. 

So..dont be panic when your password turns into alphabetical forms.

Cheers.

My Device: Blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: dhdhsdh

Yo he puesto la bateria fuera mientras encendia el movil, he provado 1234, wers, 0000, he incertado mi contraseña luego de encenderlo y sacarle la bateria mientras lo encendia, he intentado agotar mis 10/10 pero son infinitas etc... PORFAVOR no comentes cosas que ya he hecho y no me ha funsionado...

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

eevee01 wrote:

Yo he puesto la bateria fuera mientras encendia el movil, he provado 1234, wers, 0000, he incertado mi contraseña luego de encenderlo y sacarle la bateria mientras lo encendia, he intentado agotar mis 10/10 pero son infinitas etc... PORFAVOR no comentes cosas que ya he hecho y no me ha funsionado...

Hola y gracias por participar en el foro,

Para tu comodidad, BlackBerry tiene su propio foro comunitario en español:

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: U-Mobile

thanks mandy! Smiley Happy really useful and worked on me!